Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I had a total meltdown in work this morning
    I was in a not nice situation where I felt very threatened so I walked away and went for a cry :o
    Then I gave myself a headache crying and now I feel sick.
    ohhhh fun :eek:
    I blame the hormones...

Oh no :( I hope you are feeling ok. Definitely blame the hormones - we might as well reap some benefit from the 9 month hostage situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh no :( I hope you are feeling ok. Definitely blame the hormones - we might as well reap some benefit from the 9 month hostage situation!

Im meant to be on lunch now but the thought of food, ugh no thanks! :rolleyes:
    So im on my break on my phone :D
    I've calmed down but I just feel rubbish.
    Roll on 5pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

Haven't bought anything yet. Will probably wait until after Christmas, we will be at the halfway mark then and there might be stuff in the sales?

Hope you are all doing well! The weeks are flying in :)

I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, nervous and excited! Just can't wait to be finally able to tell people

Orange369 wrote: »
    I have my 12 week scan tomorrow, nervous and excited! Just can't wait to be finally able to tell people

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Congrats! My first appointment in Holles St they did a scan and gave us pictures from it. That was in the main hospital public clinic. Never got sent to Pearse St so no experience of there. Hopefully will be the same for you!

Thank you so much for this. That sounds like a nightmare :mad: Yes, I will definitely need to talk to him. I'll just say that there is no point booking anything until at least the birth because it could go over, and that we would need a few weeks ourselves first. I'll be better company for his mother then anyway!

Has anyone booked or had their first appointment with Holles St yet? I'm due in next Tuesday. There wasn't any mention of a 12 week scan in the pack info or on their website. They only say that the 20-22 week one is available to all women. Surely they offer a 12 week one under public option also?

Hope you are all doing well. Got engaged at the weekend! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Orange369 wrote: »

Hope it went well for you!

Hope it went well for you!

Thanks girls, all went great today! Offical due date is 23rd of May. So exciting. I am under the medical clinic in Coombe due to high BP medication and 1st app is in less than 2 weeks. Anyone have experience being under the care of the medical clinic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Greetings all, subject to formal confirmation at the dating scan, myself and my wife are expecting a child on May 31st 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Hope your ok Dragonfly that sounds awful, the hormones can really mess with your emotions. I get very weepy over things that would never normally bother me it can be very frustrating. Good on you for walking away from the situation and taking time for yourself.

Great news on your scan Orange!! Hope you're doing well

Still totally wiped out with morning sickness and tiredness here, really hoping it turns a corner after 12 weeks. It went on until around 20 weeks or so last time :( We have a long distance trip planned over Christmas (booked before we found out) and I really don't think i can hack it feeling like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dontaskme19

O/H Due on 30th May, had a private scan just to make sure everything is okay at 9 weeks, amazing experience hearing the heart beat, everything measuring as it should and all looking good.
    Up in the Coombe next week for our 12 week scan.
    Hope everyone's doing well, personally I'm bricking it 😂 so nervous about everything

• Advertisement

Hope you are all doing well. It is starting to feel so Christmassy!

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Holles Street as a public patient? I have my 12 week appointment there tomorrow at 8am. They said to allow "up to 2 hours" for it. I am really anxious as I didn't take time off work for it - have already taken so much leave for studying and we are so busy right now, I just couldn't ask :( I'm terrified that it will take the full 2 hours and I wont get into work until 10 30. I was thinking of turning up early, and then leaving at 0900 regardless of what is happening! :D Just really cannot rock the boat in work right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Holles Street as a public patient? I have my 12 week appointment there tomorrow at 8am. They said to allow "up to 2 hours" for it. I am really anxious as I didn't take time off work for it - have already taken so much leave for studying and we are so busy right now, I just couldn't ask :( I'm terrified that it will take the full 2 hours and I wont get into work until 10 30. I was thinking of turning up early, and then leaving at 0900 regardless of what is happening! :D Just really cannot rock the boat in work right now...

Hi Antares,
    I went there last week as a public patient. Unfortunately I was there just under 3 hrs. Like you I was a bit anxious about taking the time off work as we’re up the walls but then thought this is way more important than any job so they can suck it.

It was a bit chaotic in there while I was there but I got everything done and all the staff were lovely - got bloods, urine, 2 midwife chats and scan done. A colleague of mine going public has been there a few times and her apt have flown so might just be luck of the draw! Also, another colleague going private didn’t get half the things in her first apt as I got last week.

Be sure to have your registration form completed as it’ll save a little bit of time when you first go in.

Best of luck with it!

Work have to give you the time off legally...
    so long as you have proof of your appointment you are all good

Work have to give you the time off legally...
    so long as you have proof of your appointment you are all good

It's just that I haven't told them yet :eek:

Dahdum wrote: »
    Hi Antares,
    I went there last week as a public patient. Unfortunately I was there just under 3 hrs. Like you I was a bit anxious about taking the time off work as we’re up the walls but then thought this is way more important than any job so they can suck it.

It was a bit chaotic in there while I was there but I got everything done and all the staff were lovely - got bloods, urine, 2 midwife chats and scan done. A colleague of mine going public has been there a few times and her apt have flown so might just be luck of the draw! Also, another colleague going private didn’t get half the things in her first apt as I got last week.

Be sure to have your registration form completed as it’ll save a little bit of time when you first go in.

Best of luck with it!

Thanks - that is what I was afraid of. I'll turn up early with the forms and just hope for the best. Maybe being a morning appointment they might not be working too far behind. This is the problem with not telling employer early on I suppose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Thanks - that is what I was afraid of. I'll turn up early with the forms and just hope for the best. Maybe being a morning appointment they might not be working too far behind. This is the problem with not telling employer early on I suppose :(

I hadn’t told mine at that stage either. Just said I’d a hospital apt to attend. Found out I was several weeks further along than originally thought so told them later that day but as dragonfly says, you’re entitled to time off. I’d say if you could be there for as close to 8 as possible, you might be first in the queue.

Bring snacks tho......I was close to fainting from hunger!

Dahdum wrote: »
    I hadn’t told mine at that stage either. Just said I’d a hospital apt to attend. Found out I was several weeks further along than originally thought so told them later that day but as dragonfly says, you’re entitled to time off. I’d say if you could be there for as close to 8 as possible, you might be first in the queue.

Bring snacks tho......I was close to fainting from hunger!

I'm going to aim to be there at 07:30 and come 09:15 I will just say I have to leave. I suppose the registration is the most important part. In a way, I can't wait to tell them for this very reason. I am tired of coming up with excuses to cover doctors appointments, not drink and worrying about starting to show. Thanks for the reminder re snacks, I would have completely forgotten!

I'm going to aim to be there at 07:30 and come 09:15 I will just say I have to leave. I suppose the registration is the most important part. In a way, I can't wait to tell them for this very reason. I am tired of coming up with excuses to cover doctors appointments, not drink and worrying about starting to show. Thanks for the reminder re snacks, I would have completely forgotten!

Have you got a HR manager you can tell in confidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

I would
    really advise staying for the duration of the appointment. There are some important tests done and discussions had at the booking in appointment so quite important to give all your information, get all the information you can from them, get your bloods and urine tests and the scan if they have scheduled one. The public service does tend to have delays so you cant really expect to be in and out quickly.

I would ring my boss at 9am, say you have a medical appt that's ran on and stay for the duration of the appointment if you've been unlucky to get delayed.

These things are more important than work really.

Your employer has to respect your wishes to keep your pregnancy to yourself for as long as you wish so you could certainly tell your manager or HR team and be assured it wouldn't go any further.

I didnt tell my employer until I had the 12 week scan, just booked a half days leave to cover the appointment.

Sprites wrote: »
    I would
    really advise staying for the duration of the appointment. There are some important tests done and discussions had at the booking in appointment so quite important to give all your information, get all the information you can from them, get your bloods and urine tests and the scan if they have scheduled one. The public service does tend to have delays so you cant really expect to be in and out quickly.

I would ring my boss at 9am, say you have a medical appt that's ran on and stay for the duration of the appointment if you've been unlucky to get delayed.

These things are more important than work really.

Your employer has to respect your wishes to keep your pregnancy to yourself for as long as you wish so you could certainly tell your manager or HR team and be assured it wouldn't go any further.

I didnt tell my employer until I had the 12 week scan, just booked a half days leave to cover the appointment.

Thanks Sprites! I ended up staying in the end! I let my boss know I had a medical appointment that ran on. He was so nice about it which just makes me feel bad :D Appointment went really well and got to see the little dancer on screen again. She was jumping around so much. Measuring at 12 weeks 3 days now, so 3 days ahead of what 9 week scan measured. Told them about all my cats so the consultant added toxoplasmosis test to the bloodworks. Decided to go for midwife led care. The midwife I met couldn't have been nicer (all of the staff in fact) and it seems like a really well run system given how many people were there. I like how the midwife talks to you alone and asks if you are happy and safe in your relationship - such a great idea in case of domestic violence etc. Would never have thought of that! I told her I feel safe but not sure if OH does :P

Even got a couple of cute little photos to take home. Back in at 24 weeks. They will send appointment for anomaly scan before this.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sprites! I ended up staying in the end! I let my boss know I had a medical appointment that ran on. He was so nice about it which just makes me feel bad :D Appointment went really well and got to see the little dancer on screen again. She was jumping around so much. Measuring at 12 weeks 3 days now, so 3 days ahead of what 9 week scan measured. Told them about all my cats so the consultant added toxoplasmosis test to the bloodworks. Decided to go for midwife led care. The midwife I met couldn't have been nicer (all of the staff in fact) and it seems like a really well run system given how many people were there. I like how the midwife talks to you alone and asks if you are happy and safe in your relationship - such a great idea in case of domestic violence etc. Would never have thought of that! I told her I feel safe but not sure if OH does :P

Even got a couple of cute little photos to take home. Back in at 24 weeks. They will send appointment for anomaly scan before this.

Glad it went well for you!

Glad it went well for you!

Thank you! Hope everyone else is doing well. We are nearing/ already passed the end of trimester one!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Hi Girls.

16th week here and my boy is 12 cm tall. I did a private scan on Monday and in 2 weeks I have appointment in Coombe.
    Time flies
    My due date actually changed and now is 30th of April

elizunia87 wrote: »
    Hi Girls.

16th week here and my boy is 12 cm tall. I did a private scan on Monday and in 2 weeks I have appointment in Coombe.
    Time flies
    My due date actually changed and now is 30th of April
    Congratulations to you! Wow 12cm, its amazing how fast they grow.

Im 15 weeks today and according to the app I use bump is the size of a pear :D
    Ive gone from not wanting to know the gender to being MAD to find out.
    I have my scan on the 18th Dec, hopefully it goes by quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭elizunia87

Im 15 weeks today and according to the app I use bump is the size of a pear :D
    Ive gone from not wanting to know the gender to being MAD to find out.
    I have my scan on the 18th Dec, hopefully it goes by quickly.

That soon anyway. It is good to know the gender you can get ready with all the clothes and room decorations.
    I can't wait for my baby boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is good and all the scans are going well.

Had our 12week scan last thurs, Dr went through everything in detail, all looking good thankfully. Changed the due date slightly, 13 weeks today on the new dates. Back to my own Dr in two weeks.
    I'm still getting sick to beat the band, lost 5kg so far, nothing is working to keep it at bay, so I'll be asking for some anti sickness meds at my next apt. It didn't ease off until 20+ weeks last time and there's no way I can manage that this time.

Good to hear everyone doing well! And over the 12 weeks scans etc. I will be 14 weeks this week, in Coombe tomorrow for 1st appointment. Has anyone been in the medical clinic in Coombe before? Booked a gender scan too for 16.5 weeks! cannot wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Had a scan today, measuring 1 week further ahead than initially thought, placenta is anterior, has anyone had one of those? Not as common according to google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Had a scan today, measuring 1 week further ahead than initially thought, placenta is anterior, has anyone had one of those? Not as common according to google.

I have an anterior placenta on this pregnancy and my last one. As long as the placenta isn’t too close to the cervix (this is checked during the anomaly scan) then there isn’t really an issue. It might mean she doesn’t feel kicks as early because the placenta is in the way.

Advertisement