Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due May 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

bee06 wrote: »
    I have an anterior placenta on this pregnancy and my last one. As long as the placenta isn’t too close to the cervix (this is checked during the anomaly scan) then there isn’t really an issue. It might mean she doesn’t feel kicks as early because the placenta is in the way.

Thanks for the reply, when is the anomaly scan done? I can’t remember even though this isn’t our first child. Scan was private, wife can only do morning appointments, hospital insisting on afternoons which isn’t possible for a number of reasons. Over 13 weeks along now and no dating scan by the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thanks for the reply, when is the anomaly scan done? I can’t remember even though this isn’t our first child. Scan was private, wife can only do morning appointments, hospital insisting on afternoons which isn’t possible for a number of reasons. Over 13 weeks along now and no dating scan by the hospital.

Anomaly scan is done around 22 weeks in CUMH.

bee06 wrote: »
    Anomaly scan is done around 22 weeks in CUMH.

Thank you, don't ever recall her getting one previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Thank you, don't ever recall her getting one previously.

They didn’t do it as standard before. I had to get a private one when pregnant with my 2 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Cork Trucker that's very unreasonable of the hospital re appointments. Could you consider changing?

• Advertisement

Had a scan today, measuring 1 week further ahead than initially thought, placenta is anterior, has anyone had one of those? Not as common according to google.

My friend did. No complications during pregnancy and labour except that she couldnt feel kicks as much.

zapper55 wrote: »
    Cork Trucker that's very unreasonable of the hospital re appointments. Could you consider changing?
    I agree, due to travel CUMH is our only option, as well as childminding options for our other children.
    My friend did. No complications during pregnancy and labour except that she couldnt feel kicks as much.

Thank you, that is reassuring to hear as we have zero understanding of it, now in saying that, she may have had a similar placenta in earlier pregnancies, we just were not aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone find any nice reasonably priced maternity dresses or non maternity dresses that are roomy?! I was looking on the seraphine website but they are crazy expensive and not really seeing anything too nice in H&M or new look. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Dorothy Perkins is good for dresses. Not too expensive. I find their empire line dresses are the best, lots of room for a growing bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

I find maternity clothes to be quite ugly to be fair :)

I got a few smock dresses so far which should cover the bump for a few months anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

I like maternity leggins over the bump ones and loose tops! New look does good stuff I find

Thanks for the recommendations!!

Anyone dealing with dizziness now? It’s different from the morning sickness I think and kinda comes and goes. It’s so odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone find any nice reasonably priced maternity dresses or non maternity dresses that are roomy?! I was looking on the seraphine website but they are crazy expensive and not really seeing anything too nice in H&M or new look. Thanks.

Not looked much for maternity clothes yet this time, ASOS and NEXT usually have a good selection and not too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Anyone dealing with dizziness now? It’s different from the morning sickness I think and kinda comes and goes. It’s so odd.

A little bit, seems to be worse when I get up in the morning. Having really bad headaches now - they come on maybe twice a week and can last anything from 12-36 hours eugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ive been delighted so far that I havent been too hormonal
    HAHAHAH man thats changed this week
    I think I cried 4 times yesterday over NOTHING :o
    I was off work on annual leave thank God

When I was overdoing it that's when the dizziness came too. I dont know if you work in or outside the home but is there any way you could get some time to rest? It's the only thing that helped me. Nipped it in the bud and thankfully dizziness hasnt come back since.

dragonfly! wrote: »
    Ive been delighted so far that I havent been too hormonal
    HAHAHAH man thats changed this week
    I think I cried 4 times yesterday over NOTHING :o
    I was off work on annual leave thank God

I cried coming to work this morning because the dog was looking at me out the window as I left the driveway. :pac:

Antares35 wrote: »
    I cried coming to work this morning because the dog was looking at me out the window as I left the driveway. :pac:

Thats very relatable :o

When I was overdoing it that's when the dizziness came too. I dont know if you work in or outside the home but is there any way you could get some time to rest? It's the only thing that helped me. Nipped it in the bud and thankfully dizziness hasnt come back since.

Thank you yes I think I am just overdoing it. 2 little ones at home and working too and just not getting to rest enough

Hope everyone is doing well. Parents are back in the country this evening and we will be hopefully telling them the news tomorrow. I am anxious about how they will take it but trying to remind myself that their negativity is their own!

• Advertisement

Hope everyone is doing well. Parents are back in the country this evening and we will be hopefully telling them the news tomorrow. I am anxious about how they will take it but trying to remind myself that their negativity is their own!

Im sure it will be fine but if its not as long as you are happy thats the main thing.
    Best of luck!

Im sure it will be fine but if its not as long as you are happy thats the main thing.
    Best of luck!

Thank you! :)

Has anyone had their whooping cough injection yet?
    I have mine today and just wondering what - if any reactions people had?
    Obviously going to get it anyway, just want to be prepared as I have a busy few days ahead in work

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Has anyone had their whooping cough injection yet?
    I have mine today and just wondering what - if any reactions people had?
    Obviously going to get it anyway, just want to be prepared as I have a busy few days ahead in work

Hi dragonfly, I’d mine a few weeks ago along with the flu vaccine and no reactions apart from a slightly sore/tender arm the next day.

Hopefully it’ll be similar for you!

My wife had to visit ER on a few occasions recently as it appears she has a kidney infection which they are unwilling to treat despite suffering, one of the midwives in ER said she’ll note on the file that after the birth she is to be administered the depo injection. Why would they do this end is it even legal. My wife is now refusing to allow them inject her with anything as a result.

How did your parents take the news? Hopefully all is good

My wife had to visit ER on a few occasions recently as it appears she has a kidney infection which they are unwilling to treat despite suffering, one of the midwives in ER said she’ll note on the file that after the birth she is to be administered the depo injection. Why would they do this end is it even legal. My wife is now refusing to allow them inject her with anything as a result.

She should 100% get the flu and whopping cough vaccine, they will protect her and your baby

Orange369 wrote: »
    She should 100% get the flu and whopping cough vaccine, they will protect her and your baby

It was offered/declined twice. She doesn’t trust them. That’s probably the only one I’m in favour of. But she’s as stubborn as a mule.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

Hope your wife is ok, that's awful. I had a desperate kidney infection on my first during the first trimester. I assumed I wouldn't get anything for it but when it got so bad i went to the Dr I got antibiotics no problem (Augmentin) took a good week for it to go but I don't know how I would have managed without them. I'm Irish but not based in Ireland my GP was uk trained so I can't see it being that different from home. Hope she's ok the poor thing. I don't know what the depo injection is?

• Advertisement

wuffly wrote: »
    Hope your wife is ok, that's awful. I had a desperate kidney infection on my first during the first trimester. I assumed I wouldn't get anything for it but when it got so bad i went to the Dr I got antibiotics no problem (Augmentin) took a good week for it to go but I don't know how I would have managed without them. I'm Irish but not based in Ireland my GP was uk trained so I can't see it being that different from home. Hope she's ok the poor thing. I don't know what the depo injection is?

Thank you, she came back again at 4am this morning after another visit, looks like no joy yet again. Augmentin has been tried for something else and worked, they haven't prescribed it since. How is the NHS for maternity care? The Depo injection is the contraceptive injection, they brought up the discussion with her again last night, we do have a large family and it is our belief that they are trying to stop us having more, after the depo injection wears off (3 months) they are taking about her getting the mirena coil fitted. Again not what my wife wants.

Advertisement