Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Transfer Cost

Options
  • 03-09-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I need to make a payment to Turkey of approx. EUR 2,200. What are the fees for such a payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there onlinepal100,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are making this payment as an international payment on your 365online there would be an additional fee of €5 and then the exchange rate is decided on the day.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinepal100

Hi there onlinepal100,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you are making this payment as an international payment on your 365online there would be an additional fee of €5 and then the exchange rate is decided on the day.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Hi there

Just to let you know that the fee is actually 12 EURO not 5!

But don't worry, it took 3 people in a branch and 2 calls to the support teams to discover that!

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi there

But don't worry, it took 3 people in a branch and 2 calls to the support teams to discover that!

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for coming back to us here.

Just to clarify if you are sending euro to Turkey the charge applicable is 12 euro. If however you add the payee as an international payee and opt to send Turkish Lira the charge applicable to your account is 5 euro. I hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinepal100

Hi there

Thanks anyway.

Thanks for coming back to us here.

Just to clarify if you are sending euro to Turkey the charge applicable is 12 euro. If however you add the payee as an international payee and opt to send Turkish Lira the charge applicable to your account is 5 euro. I hope this helps and please feel free to get back in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen
    Hi Jen

My original email was clear that I was sending EURO to a Turkish payee. The response was incorrect but no big deal...all sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Jen

My original email was clear that I was sending EURO to a Turkish payee. The response was incorrect but no big deal...all sorted!

I have just reviewed the Thread. We are very sorry for the incorrect information initially provided to you. Our colleagues may have misunderstood your query. The charges are applied as €5 for local currency and €12 when euro is being sent.

We apologise for any inconvenience and please feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement