Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for slim profile lights for attic

Options
  • 03-09-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just finishing off the plasterboarding in the attic to turn it into a play/study room. However as I've used insulated plasterboard (37mm thick), the head height is just 6ft 1 in the apex. Most recessed downlighters I've looked at will require removing too much of the insulation to fit them. Are there any slim, low profile light fittings that I could use? Some research on the web threw up "pancake" lights but I can't find a supplier anywhere. As the wiring hasn't been done yet (next week), I'm still open for all sorts of options. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

4ft LED Batten Light, Ceiling Tube Light, 4000K, 230V, 40W, 120LM/W, 130 °Beam Angle, Ceiling Light for Office, Living Room, Bathroom, Kitchen, Garage, Warehouse (Neutral White, 40W) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J5T9RZS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bwNBDbWN39XAB

I've fitted these in the shed and though they would of been great in the converted attic. Really slim and really bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

TBH amazon have an ok range of flat LEDs

I often bypass amazon and head straight to the supplier directly. You can save 5 to 10 percent.

Another option is a strip of LEDs in a metal enclosure

Or a skinny linear fitting

Aurora lights have insulated down lights.

I've posted on it a number of times

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

N.E.W. do a range of led downlighters
    very very slim, and wont break the bank
    they do them in 3 or 4 sizes

Advertisement