Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ptsb drawdown

• 03-09-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi had anyone drawn down mortgage with ptsb recently? I am hoping to drawdown in the next day or so and I'm trying to figure out what kind of time it's going to take to sort out rent and storage etc.thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

We drew down with PTSB a few days ago. The drawdown was a day late, they hadn't given our solicitor the right information on how he was to request the drawdown.
    We started putting our belongings into storage 1 week before our closing date. Most offer half price rates for the first 4 weeks, after that it gets expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Great thanks and once he requested it did it take long? I can't figure out if it takes 10 days to get the money or 3 days or what. That's what I'm thinking all right to get the storage facility in 2 weeks if we haven't already closed and it surely won't take more than a month. Thanks!

canireally wrote: »
    Great thanks and once he requested it did it take long? I can't figure out if it takes 10 days to get the money or 3 days or what. That's what I'm thinking all right to get the storage facility in 2 weeks if we haven't already closed and it surely won't take more than a month. Thanks!

The money was there the day after he requested it.
    Try to gauge how long you think it will be, ask your solicitor, the prices of the storage units double after the first 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Great thanks a million. We requested the funds Thursday evening so hoping to have them in the next week and then I won't need storage. Hopefully it works out.

canireally wrote: »
    Great thanks a million. We requested the funds Thursday evening so hoping to have them in the next week and then I won't need storage. Hopefully it works out.

Our solicitor still recommended storage, and it was a great recommendation, and something we hadn't really thought was going to be necessary. There still could be last minute delays, whereby you'd have to turn away your moving truck when they arrive....more than once. The vendor we bought from had to turn their moving truck away twice.
    We put everything in storage and then hired Anyvan.ie to deliver from the storage unit to the new house and that was all quite seamless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement