Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of address - charge

Options
  • 03-09-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Insured with Axa, current premium is roughly €2k with 2 years NCB on a 2002 1.4l Golf.

I am moving home and tried to change my address from D6 to Meath with Axa and was told the additional premium would be €473.

This struck me as absolutely ludicrous so just wanted to check is this the norm across the industry or is something going wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Insurance is based on risk so you must be moving from a relatively safe place for car issues to a more dangerous area. It can also happen the other way and you get a discount when you move. You just got the unlucky side.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 CoffeeCrap

Thanks Del2005, I understand that just surprised by the proportionality of the change.

I rang Axa to see if I could get a better quote over phone and they noted that it appeared to be incorrect and that they need to check it with their operations team, as they would have expected a decrease in my premium for moving from Dublin to Meath.

Will update if get to root of problem!

Advertisement