Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

eagle eye wrote: »
    You dissed his wins over Lawler and Maia. Then you go on about Covington, whose biggest wins were over an older Lawler and older Maia over the distance, as better than Woodley who beat both of them when they were younger better fighters and ko'd Lawler.

you're right about colby in that he's not really beaten much and he had a nice soft run up to the title fight against a past it robbie, maia and rda

wood lost to rory and beat kim and gastelum and got a shot, possibly jumping the queue there
    He's still achieved a lot more than cc or usman and in such a stacked div I think anyone of cc, usman burns might beat each other on any given night.

His performance against usman surprised me a little as I thought usman would beat him handy so maybe I'm giving colby too much credit for performance against usman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

What fights are you alluding to where his hunger ebbed away?

In my opinion he has not displayed any hunger since the Lawler fight. Till was a forgone conclusion so I ignore that. Other than Till he only ever did just enough to get a close decision, or indeed lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    In my opinion he has not displayed any hunger since the Lawler fight. Till was a forgone conclusion so I ignore that. Other than Till he only ever did just enough to get a close decision, or indeed lost.
    So basically we are back to his last two fights again.

Everything you are basing his whole career on is in his last two fights. Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

So basically we are back to his last two fights again.

Everything you are basing his whole career on is in his last two fights. Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

No, count again, thats 6 fights which is 25% of his professional fights, so not at all ridiculous.

SlowBlowin wrote:
    No, count again, thats 6 fights which is 25% of his professional fights, so not at all ridiculous.

Name the fights.

• Advertisement

Why don't you do it, look at his record online, google Tyron Woodley and count from burns backwards to Lawler. You will have to use both hands because its 6 (unless by some chance you have 6 fingers on one hand)..

Its just my opinion, there is no right and wrong, its an opinion, I have gardening to do now.

SlowBlowin wrote:
    Why don't you do it, look at his record online, google Tyron Woodley and count from burns backwards to Lawler. You will have to use both hands because its 6 (unless by some chance you have 6 fingers on one hand)..
    He won all those fights up until Usman. I've seen most of his fights. I've no idea what you are on about. You are saying he had no hunger, he beat Lawler, beat Maia, beat Till, drew and beat Wonderboy.

Yes I know the results, I am saying he never looked like the GOAT.

The GOAT would have put away Thompson, look how Burns handled Demian Maia, Woodley did a great job but didn't seem hungry/able to finish.

As I said, hes been a great fighter and champion, just not the GOAT in my opinion.

I never called him the GOAT, I called him one of the best welterweights of all time. GSP is the greatest welterweight ever.

Now you are comparing 39 year old Maia with 42 year old Maia. How about Usman vs Maia the year after he fought Woodley? Better comparison maybe?
    Thompson had been put away once in his life, early in his career, when he met Woodley. Burns fought a 37 year old Thompson, again three years older than when he fought Woodley

He's certainly in the conversation for welterweight's greatest.

I

Thompson had been put away once in his life, early in his career, when he met Woodley. Burns fought a 37 year old Thompson, again three years older than when he fought Woodley

:confused::confused::confused:

Thomson was put away once....by pettis last year unless you mean losing to matt brown on pts

burns never fought thompson

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote:
    Thomson was put away once....by pettis last year unless you mean losing to matt brown on pts

burns never fought thompson
    I wrote that wrong. Maia is who I was referring to as being 39 when he fought Woodley, 40 when he fought Usman and 42 when he fought Burns.

Thompson was never stopped before he met Woodley but you are criticising him for not knocking out Wonderboy?

Seems you privately dislike Woodley for some reason because he is one of the greatest welterweight's of all time.

I wrote that wrong. Maia is who I was referring to as being 39 when he fought Woodley, 40 when he fought Usman and 42 when he fought Burns.

Thompson was never stopped before he met Woodley but you are criticising him for not knocking out Wonderboy?

:confused::confused: you're making this up, never said it :confused:
    There's few harder to knock out than wonderboy, pettis got lucky in doing so.

SlowBlowin wrote:
    The GOAT would have put away Thompson, look how Burns handled Demian Maia, Woodley did a great job but didn't seem hungry/able to finish.

mailburner wrote:
    you're making this up, never said it There's few harder to knock out than wonderboy, pettis got lucky in doing so.

There you go.

There you go.

you're getting me mixed up with somene else :pac::D

it's ok you made a simple mistake....

mailburner wrote:
    you're getting me mixed up with somene else

it's ok you made a simple mistake....
    My apologies.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Shevchenko got annihilated in there in embarrassing fashion....I really don't get why she was a heavy favorite to begin with?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Homelander wrote: »
    Shevchenko got annihilated in there in embarrassing fashion....I really don't get why she was a heavy favorite to begin with?

Possibly confusion Shevchenko that smashed Chookagian in her previous fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The fighters are in a hurry tonight for some reason. 3 fights so far and all done inside the first minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The fighters are in a hurry tonight for some reason. 3 fights so far and all done inside the first minute!

I tuned in late and there were no fights on for ages. Realised they had about 40 minutes to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That Kazakh lady is amped up and very scary. Great performance!

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That Kazakh lady is amped up and very scary. Great performance!

Yeah she was impressive alright. She's so long too.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Incredible card so far. These hungry dogs are desperate to make a name for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Gotta love these names 'Air' Jordain and 'Touchy' Fili :pac:

Incredible card so far. These hungry dogs are desperate to make a name for themselves.

Small cage action. Burn the big cage down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That's some aggressive coaching from Eye's corner.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What a disgusting 'Main Event'.

Fili vs Jourdain was a great fight though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

Delighted Eye lost, shes very unlikable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

That card was great, it's always the bad cards on paper that do end up being really good.

Not a bad card tonight to be fair. Much better than it came across on paper. Some decent scraps so far, and the much earlier start really helps.

• Advertisement

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Not a bad card tonight to be fair. Much better than it came across on paper. Some decent scraps so far, and the much earlier start really helps.

My thoughts exactly, really enjoying it so far..

Advertisement