Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Did they make the cage in the Apex a bit bigger? It didn't seem full size but seemed bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did they make the cage in the Apex a bit bigger? It didn't seem full size but seemed bigger.

Not that I am aware of. I'm pretty sure it was the same cage as the last few events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Homelander

Emmet v Burgos was absolutely amazing. That lad has a titanium chin.

One of those rare fights where both fighters deserve an advance in ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Homelander wrote: »
    Emmet v Burgos was absolutely amazing. That lad has a titanium chin.

One of those rare fights where both fighters deserve an advance in ranking.

I couldn't believe the punches he was taking without flinching. Thought maybe the noise was exaggerated due to the lack of crowd, but no-one else's punches were making that loud of a crack all night. Amazing fight alright. Probably just behind JJ v Weili Zhang for fight of the year so far. Coincidentally, both of them were co-main to absolute stinkers of main events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Still Ill wrote: »
    I couldn't believe the punches he was taking without flinching. Thought maybe the noise was exaggerated due to the lack of crowd, but no-one else's punches were making that loud of a crack all night. Amazing fight alright. Probably just behind JJ v Weili Zhang for fight of the year so far. Coincidentally, both of them were co-main to absolute stinkers of main events.

Yes he took punches like a young Justin Gaethje, you can only take those for so long... Chin of granite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

That was really ****ty cornering by Drysdale. If your fighter says he wants it called you call it. Shouldn't be a second thought. If that is their mindset at the time they shouldn't be fighting. Along with him absolutely gassed and taking shot after shot. Drysdale should be calling the fight anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beersmith wrote: »
    If your fighter says he wants it called you call it. Shouldn't be a second thought.

https://streamable.com/jgzwo

That is how it's done.

"I've nothing left"
    "It's done"

Entertaining enough first fight. Odd one coming up now with 2 women making their debut. One 35 years old and the other only 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Odd one coming up now with 2 women making their debut. One 35 years old and the other only 20.

Someone out there is very interested in this fight though!!

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1276946284218286080?s=20

Someone out there is very interested in this fight though!!

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1276946284218286080?s=20

I wouldn't be too confident after round 1 if I was that person.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be too confident after round 1 if I was that person.

Show him the money!! :pac:

Show him the money!! :pac:

Different game when it got to the ground alright!

Different game when it got to the ground alright!

That was very slick the way she got the arm. At 20 she should only get better

That was very slick the way she got the arm. At 20 she should only get better

Very similar to Chase Hooper, looks great on the ground but will be found out on the feet.

And funny she says Rousey is her inspiration who was also limited in her striking. Hopefully she learns from that and puts the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Have to love the Fight Nights and being introduced to new fighters. Can't see Hooker getting the better of Poirier but have a strong feeling it's going all 5 rounds and could be pretty close. Nice KO from Boser, great placement, funny with Bisping commenting it reminded him of Dan Henderson at UFC 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Do calf kicks work when there's no calf there? Lol

Great fight this one. Huge upset with Erosa getting the win.

Fair dues to him, get in the face of the guy with the reach advantage, took some nice shots and carried on his way to a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Fair dues to him, get in the face of the guy with the reach advantage, took some nice shots and carried on his way to a win.

5 seconds away from a loss too?

US2 wrote: »
    5 seconds away from a loss too?

I'm not sure of that, he seemed with it even though the punch put him down. Looking at his reaction when he was allowed up he went straight after him, didn't take time to dust the cob webs off.

• Advertisement

Great BJJ battle in this one with some lovely ground and pound thrown in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Trying to figure out that 30/27

Worst call of all time there

mailburner wrote: »
    Trying to figure out that 30/27

Worst call of all time there

Pretty damn bad all right. I bet it was Sal D'Amato.

The belly on villante :pac:

Villante will wonder how he let that slip

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

He just quit... that was no sub at all. Happy for Greene though you could see what it meant to him and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Great win for Perry, won all three rounds.

I think he done himself a great disservice having only his girlfriend in his corner.

A real corner would have been motivating and giving real advice.

Surprised gall managed to take all that punishment

Improvement by Gall but he has a long way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Perry won all three rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭showpony1

i don't watch too much UFC but Perry appeared to dominate the entire fight and at the very end Gall sat on the ground looking for him to engage and he obliged (when Perry just could have stood still for 20 seconds and won the fight) and Perry nearly got choked out - similar with Villante engaging when he had the other guy rocked and got tapped. Why do they do this and nearly cost themselves from dominant positions?

Advertisement