Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night Events Thread - Spoilers Within

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

eagle eye wrote: »
    I thought Perry won all three rounds.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Lets go diamond

We're in for a classic here

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Two awesome rounds so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

WOW! What a fight.

• Advertisement

Wow
    Call this one

:eek:

Wooo. Another round :D

I can't see this going five. Hard to know who'll tire the most but Poirier swinging for the fences isn't going to help him through a fifth.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

How has nobody been dropped yet

I haven't a clue who is ahead.

• Advertisement

2-2 for me

How that went five I'll never know

That was worth staying up for. I'd stay up every night to see that. Gotta be a rematch I think.
    I don't disagree with Poirier getting the win but it was so close. Rematch please.

Crazy fight, fantastic. 2 animals.

I thought Dustin done enough myself, finished much the stronger.

I'd love to see Poirier V McGregor now. I thought that even before this fight. Get that on around the same time as Khabib V Gaethje and then have the winners face off on the big January card.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

One of the best fights ever. Had everything. Unreal.

Absolute 5 round war. Hats of to the two lads. Warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He just quit... that was no sub at all. Happy for Greene though you could see what it meant to him and his family.
    It was an arm triangle.
    Unorthodox angle. But Villante lost his base and all that flab will add to the choke.

1-2 Hooker
    3-4-5 Dusin

Great fight and lose. Strong finish from Dustin.
    Hooker confirms he’s top 5 material too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Many twists and turns, took serious stamina to go the full five from both. That said, I'd definitely agree with the decision. Really glad to have stayed up, two top quality performances.

Mellor wrote: »
    It was an arm triangle.
    Unorthodox angle. But Villante lost his base and all that flab will add to the choke.
    Yeah I'll have to watch it back but a triangle from the bottom was a bit mad. Fair play anyway to the lad, no matter what. Very happy seeing his post fight interview. It's crazy how much it means to these dudes. Absolute legends.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Many twists and turns, took serious stamina to go the full five from both. That said, I'd definitely agree with the decision. Really glad to have stayed up, two top quality performances.
    An instant classic. 5 round war. Stand up, boxing, muai thai, wrestling, bjj, cardio, heart... everything was displayed in this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I thought an arm and neck were getting snapped at various points, lots of blood but not too much... Yeah I'll sleep soundly after that. Talented, dedicated biys with absolutely phenomenal training and skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Hooker must have bathed in Vaseline for weeks the way he managed to slip out of holds that I thought were fight finishers. Both fighters throwing caution to the wind and leaving themselves wide open when attacking. At one stage i wouldn’t have been surprised at a double knockout.

Judges definitely got it right. Hooker magnanimous in defeat and both are a bit of class. The fact that poirier admits being temporarily being knocked out and came too seconds later with shots reigning down on him is even more impressive.

What a weight division.excited about what’s to come.

Yeah I'll have to watch it back but a triangle from the bottom was a bit mad. Fair play anyway to the lad, no matter what. Very happy seeing his post fight interview. It's crazy how much it means to these dudes. Absolute legends.

I’ll have to look back to see what happened just before but Villante ended up with his arm on the wrong side and sort of cross faced himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That's two absolute wars in a row now for Hooker. He should take rest of the year off and come back fresh in 2021.

I'd love to see them get it on again after what I witnessed last night.

I have to admit that I underrated Hooker a bit. I thought he was a bit behind the top five in the division but he's clearly capable of taking on any of them.

Do any of you think Dustin sits out and waits for the winner of Khabib V Gaethje or would you like to see him face McGregor again?

Personally I'm really curious to see the rematch. Poirier has definitely improved over the last 5 years and his chin seems to hold up better at this weight. He still has some of his bad habits (over emotional, gets sucked into a dog fight and is very hitable) It could be a really interesting return fight for McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

McGregor, Poirier and Ferguson are all 1 win against one of the other away from a title shot if Khabib beats Gaethje.

If Gaethje beats Khabib then McGregor will fight for the title straight away IMO.

selassie wrote: »
    McGregor, Poirier and Ferguson are all 1 win against one of the other away from a title shot if Khabib beats Gaethje.

If Gaethje beats Khabib then McGregor will fight for the title straight away IMO.

so many fun fights if gaethje beats khabib (i hope he does) as gaethje will take on all comers and I believe there's a chance he'd give dustin a shot to get the loss back and doesn't appear to be movitated by money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Was that the first 5 round fight for hooker? Looked fantastic for 3 rounds but lost his edge in the last 2 and got dominated by the experience of poirier imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Was that the first 5 round fight for hooker? Looked fantastic for 3 rounds but lost his edge in the last 2 and got dominated by the experience of poirier imo

Last fight against Felder was 5 rounds.

Think Felder won the latter rounds in that one as well IIRC.

Advertisement