Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AliExpress CCTV with app

Options
  • 03-09-2019 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get CCTV installed.
    I want something that will allow me to view the cameras on mobile phones, but I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for the privilege.

If I get a system from the likes of AliExpress, are there any generic free android apps that would allow me to do this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kingstevii

mikeecho wrote: »
    I'm looking to get CCTV installed.
    I want something that will allow me to view the cameras on mobile phones, but I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for the privilege.

If I get a system from the likes of AliExpress, are there any generic free android apps that would allow me to do this ?

Yep, loads. Generally if you buy a cctv system, they'll link you to their cctv app also, theyre ip cameras and work of your broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I just bought a couple of IP Cameras from Amazon yesterday. They set up easily enough and connected to my existing NAS system and I can record etc. with no issue.
    However, they are 12volt and have a plug. Is there a way to connect these to the mains as they will be outside and there's nowhere to plug them in. I do have a porch light that I was hoping to be able to connect into, but I know f**k all about this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

PaulieC wrote: »
    I just bought a couple of IP Cameras from Amazon yesterday. They set up easily enough and connected to my existing NAS system and I can record etc. with no issue.
    However, they are 12volt and have a plug. Is there a way to connect these to the mains as they will be outside and there's nowhere to plug them in. I do have a porch light that I was hoping to be able to connect into, but I know f**k all about this stuff.

Do not plug them into the porch light or you will electrocute yourself or short the camera. They are 12V not 220 and probably expect about 1-2amps.

You need to get some 2 core cable and a few connectors. One male and one female to junction the power lead and the camera. You obviously do all the connecting without it plugged in! You also need to ensure no water gets into the outdoor termination, so put them in a sealed small IP67 box.

sku_105084_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emmaeva9018

Hi All I want Buy a Wireless burglar alarm
    I'm building my own alarm system with a DC alarm.
    What ways could i power an alarm and where should i keep the alarm so that the burglar can't just easily shut the power off to the alarm.
    Update: Chances are you're right William but I want ot make it as secure as possible.

Aggie I plan to use codes, but codes won't matter if the burglar can find the alarm and rip it
    apart.

yes, frog man, I think you are onto something there. My alarm will be wireless
    so i think keeping the alarm outside the house is best, but that comes with its own
    wiring problems and such.

Thanks as well lil m for your answer

Advertisement