Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Archer C9 Issues

• 03-09-2019 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Got it yesterday and had nothing but issues and before I send it back I am wondering is there anything that can be done

Want to have two WiFi bands under one ssid, but randomly my phone keeps saying no internet connection

The wifi signal in general seems to be crap, keep getting a pop to say its poor or my phone switched back to mobile data

The same on fire-stick, fair or marginal wifi and barely loads/caches much of youtube/streaming videos

Have moved the aerials

Checked and hub 3 is bridged ok

After trying to change settings etc, the router freezes up and then goes back to the start and have to set it up again

Thanks for any replies, before I send it back and regret it, maybe :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Connect (no Internet access)

Phone back to data twice since I posted

Firestick won't connect to 5, only 2.4

Says good signal strength

But then lists three things to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Is it on the latest firmware?

beauf wrote: »
    Is it on the latest firmware?

Sure is

Looking at it there this morning and scratches on it and came with no plastic on the front of router

Also the aerials are in a bag that's too big and not a clip close like I've seen on YouTube reviews

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Probably a return, perhaps faulty.

Try an older firmware then.

I've an older Archer C7 and don't have those problems.
    I do find the VM hub drops internet sporadically, then comes back about 1 mins later.
    often at the same time of day or night. I think they reset IP's or something.

beauf wrote: »
    Probably a return, perhaps faulty.

Try an older firmware then.

I've an older Archer C7 and don't have those problems.
    I do find the VM hub drops internet sporadically, then comes back about 1 mins later.
    often at the same time of day or night. I think they reset IP's or something.

Thanks for suggestions but already in box ready to go back

I wouldn't mind odd drop for ip reset, but this was constant no matter what I do. Then randomly factory resetting

I dunno what to do now, live with hub 3 or try another router or brand of router

Advertisement