Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is this thug allowed to roam free

Options

Comments

JMMCapital wrote: »
    I don’t take drugs so I won’t be around them people if I decide to move to Canada.

Qatar/UAE/Bahrain/Kuwait Gulf states of the Middle East..

already lived in Qatar for a few years was practically zero crime there probably safest country I have ever visited.

If only we where as tough on crime as Qatar is, they don’t put up with any bs over there no drugs

Your not around the same type of people in Ireland if you don't take drugs.

Drug abuse issues exist in all the middle east countries that you listed, none of them are drug free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

begbysback wrote: »
    So, what you’re saying is that you are willing to break the law, to punish those who break the law?

Incorrect. I would be willing to change the law to punish those who break the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Your not around the same type of people in Ireland if you don't take drugs.

Drug abuse issues exist in all the middle east countries that you listed, none of them are drug free.

I don’t want to be around people who take drugs however I see them often enough it’s not hard to spot someone snorting coke go into the jacks of any pub/night club..

Drug abuse does not exist in gulf countries, maybe in Lebanon,Egypt,Syria etc but not as much if not at all in Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain,Kuwait etc

Middle East countries haven’t the same levels of drug abuse as Ireland has not even close.

Incorrect. I would be willing to change the law to punish those who break the law.

You would have to make certain religious organizations respect the law first for this to work.

I don’t want to be around people who take drugs however I see them often enough it’s not hard to spot someone snorting coke go into the jacks of any pub/night club..

Drug abuse does not exist in gulf countries, maybe in Lebanon,Egypt,Syria etc but not as much if not at all in Qatar,UAE,Saudi,Bahrain,Kuwait etc

Middle East countries haven’t the same levels of drug abuse as Ireland has not even close.

You'll still have people in the jacks in Canada doing the same.

Even a quick internet search shows that there is drug abuse in the gulf countries. I also work with people from the gulf states and even they know and admit this.
    Your supposed to be a university student try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

And human rights, let us know how you get on with that.

Have you thought that maybe the idea of legalizing drugs would be more realistic?

You'll still have people in the jacks in Canada doing the same.

Even a quick internet search shows that there is drug abuse in the gulf countries. I also work with people from the gulf states and even they know and admit this.
    Your supposed to be a university student try harder.

However compared to Ireland drug use is close to zero over there, strict drug laws are in place and obviously working Goodluck finding a bag of coke in Qatar.

Supposed to be a university student try harder? That’s some cheek and attitude to have alright you are definitely getting places in life.. I worry for the ‘people’ from the gulf states you work with.

However compared to Ireland drug use is close to zero over there, strict drug laws are in place and obviously working Goodluck finding a bag of coke in Qatar.

Supposed to be a university student try harder? That’s some cheek and attitude to have alright you are definitely getting places in life.. I worry for the ‘people’ from the gulf states you work with.

You said that there was zero drugs in the gulf states that is plainly not true as in Qatar as 3 to 5 percent of the indigenous population are considered addicts, so yeah you will find a bag of coke there especially in the western workers living there. So yeah try harder.

You said that there was zero drugs in the gulf states that is plainly not true as in Qatar as 3 to 5 percent of the indigenous population are considered addicts, so yeah you will find a bag of coke there especially in the western workers living there. So yeah try harder.

I’d like to see references for them statistics preferably academic, it’s still nothing compared to Ireland. Try harder my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Drugs are, of course, rife across the Middle East. Hashhish is massive and has been for centuries at least, for instance the word Assassin comes from the Hashishim.

Captogen is widely abused, notably by ISIS, and a Saudi prince had a plane with 2 Tonnes of it onboard detained some years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jihadists-drug-captagon-seized-isis-syria-us-military-amphetamine-haul/

• Advertisement

I’d like to see references for them statistics preferably academic, it’s still nothing compared to Ireland. Try harder my friend.

Tell you what show me data to back up your claims that there are zero drugs in the countries you listed and I'll give you additional links to the ones I already provided you for Canada and Switzerland.
    If your right it shouldn't be hard to do.

You would have to make certain religious organizations respect the law first for this to work.

I would? Never heard of such a thing.

And human rights, let us know how you get on with that.

Have you thought that maybe the idea of legalizing drugs would be more realistic?

I am more concerned with the rights of people not to have their lives destroyed by drugs than in the rights of criminals.

As for legalizing drugs, I would actually be open to testing that on a trial basis provided the state grants itself a monopoly. Needless to say, those buying from the state would have to sign a page of tiny print to acknowledge they know the risks and that they indemnify the state. Anyone other than the state caught selling drugs need to be stuffed into a cell with fifty others and left there for ten years assuming it is their first offence, harsher measures would be required for second time offenders e.g. twenty years, and an exponential increase would ensure the third offence would be their last. This is kind because it shows restraint and gives them a chance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

My mother said that they would rob you for your fillings in Dublin.

My mother said that they would rob you for your fillings in Dublin.

The Dubs rob us of everything else so why not our fillings. (no need for question mark, the question it is rhetorical.)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The Dubs rob us of everything else so why not our fillings. (no need for question mark, the question it is rhetorical.)

What do they rob exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Do ye realise how much money this guy makes for the judges, solicitors and gardai on court appearances, every sentence he gets in court is worth about 10 - 20 grand, this scrote and his like are cash cows , im convinced judges are running this multi million euro business to make the legal system a fortune,at the expense of safety to the taxpayer. I'm sickened by this and the hundreds of other similar story's.

I would? Never heard of such a thing.

Yes you have, you have even gone off in a huff when claiming that people who were abused were only reporting it for money and couldn't backup your statement as asked to do so by a mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I am more concerned with the rights of people not to have their lives destroyed by drugs than in the rights of criminals.

As for legalizing drugs, I would actually be open to testing that on a trial basis provided the state grants itself a monopoly. Needless to say, those buying from the state would have to sign a page of tiny print to acknowledge they know the risks and that they indemnify the state. Anyone other than the state caught selling drugs need to be stuffed into a cell with fifty others and left there for ten years assuming it is their first offence, harsher measures would be required for second time offenders e.g. twenty years, and an exponential increase would ensure the third offence would be their last. This is kind because it shows restraint and gives them a chance.

Seriously?

Criminals are people, and people are criminals - you can’t make a distinction no matter what utopia you have in your imagination. Human rights apply to everyone.

Yes you have, you have even gone off in a huff when claiming that people who were abused were only reporting it for money and couldn't backup your statement as asked to do so by a mod.

Even if that were true, what has it to do with introducing a new law? If the government wanted to ban plastic bags would they first have to make sure that the religious organizations that use plastic bags don`t abuse the plastic bags and if they were found to be abusing plastic bags why would that be a reason not to ban plastic bags for environmental purposes? Really I think you might be reaching in an effort to make a totally irrelevant point that has nothing whatsoever to do with the introduction of a new law.

• Advertisement

Seriously?

Criminals are people, and people are criminals - you can’t make a distinction no matter what utopia you have in your imagination. Human rights apply to everyone.

A lot of these rights are nonsense. When I hear of people deserving stuff, I always ask why. You see, unless they earned it, I see no reason why they should deserve it. Often you hear criminals saying they made a mistake when in almost every case, the crime was intentional. Saying it was a mistake is not accepting responsibility. I think prisoners should be interviewed before they are released and those who say they made a mistake should be made to repeat their sentence in the hope that they learn that it was their deliberate and intentional fault, not a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

A lot of these rights are nonsense. When I hear of people deserving stuff, I always ask why. You see, unless they earned it, I see no reason why they should deserve it. Often you hear criminals saying they made a mistake when in almost every case, the crime was intentional. Saying it was a mistake is not accepting responsibility. I think prisoners should be interviewed before they are released and those who say they made a mistake should be made to repeat their sentence in the hope that they learn that it was their deliberate and intentional fault, not a mistake.

there really has been enormous amount of research done on the root causes of criminality, you really should look into it, because you clearly know little or nothing about this subject matter also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What do they rob exactly?

Their hearts and Gaelic Football points ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would love to invite him over for a chat some time.....

But you wouldn’t be able to hide behind your screen then. Anyway, heard he’s been picked back up.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    there really has been enormous amount of research done on the root causes of criminality, you really should look into it, because you clearly know little or nothing about this subject matter also

You have charged the subject to the cause as opposed to the cure. I know the causes. Just out of curiosity what do you think of this rehabilitation center in Rwanda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImYBUR1envg

Many of the inmates go there voluntarily for training or to get off drugs. Others are sent there. One of the inmates says he was sent there for selling suits on the street (which is illegal in Rwanda) and I thought that sounds very different to here where people can commit dozens of crimes (much more serious than selling suits) before they are put away. I just don`t think we have a proper handle on crime in this country.

Even if that were true, what has it to do with introducing a new law? If the government wanted to ban plastic bags would they first have to make sure that the religious organizations that use plastic bags don`t abuse the plastic bags and if they were found to be abusing plastic bags why would that be a reason not to ban plastic bags for environmental purposes? Really I think you might be reaching in an effort to make a totally irrelevant point that has nothing whatsoever to do with the introduction of a new law.

You would first have to make sure that religious organizations follow the law of the land and not their own when it suits them. You would then have to have people who claim to follow their teaching actually act like they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Turtyturd wrote: »
    But you wouldn’t be able to hide behind your screen then. Anyway, heard he’s been picked back up.

What screen, he wouldn't be the 1st I've taken on....

Unfortunately I've come across people like this in work and at home....

You would first have to make sure that religious organizations follow the law of the land and not their own when it suits them. You would then have to have people who claim to follow their teaching actually act like they do.

Come now lets not be facetious. That is like saying the government would have to consult gangland criminals to see if it would be alright with them to ban gangland activity.

If you are referring to contentious objection, that is something that happens when people don`t agree with a law. The gestapo would have taken a dim view of those who sheltered Jews, yet breaking the law to help those who were being murdered was the right thing to do in that instance. But please let us return to topic i.e. crime, punishment & justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Anjunadeep wrote: »

But he needs more of everything
    More rehabilitation (or possibly different or better rehabilitation I can’t remember what the bleeding heart liberals who never ever have to actually deal with a Leon say now)
    More patience
    More love
    More help from social workers
    More SW money
    More HAP
    More tolerance from his victims.
    Just more.

Advertisement