Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 10 euro flight voucher

Options
  • 04-09-2019 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,667 ✭✭✭✭

Beware
    I got an email from what look like Aer Lingus celebrating there 80 years flying. It a flight for two people to anywhere/select destinations for 10 euro. There was a link and I followed it. It led to what looked like an Aer Lingus site and wanted a pre payment authorisation for the flights with vouchers to follow 2-3 days later. I checked the link information and the address was Inkspot and was a ZA(I presume zambia) . I closed the link and left.

I tried to contact Aer Lings but was unable.

Beware if you get such an email

Slava Ukrainii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

These are going around for various airlines. None of which are 80 years old anyway.

Aer Lingus are 83. Ryanair are 35. BA claim 100 going on older airlines that merged many mergers ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

ZA is South Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

ZA is South Africa

+1 'Zud' is Afrikaans for 'South'. The Sth. African Rand's symbol on FX exchanges is ZAR.

I got this e-mail a few after the OP posted here, the destination on the link was diferent, this time to a 'xxxx.net' website which I did not click on.

Note that these are often innocent websites which have been hacked.

Once you hover the mouse over the link it wants you to click, you'll see the address on the status bar at the bottom of your screen and it's pretty clear that it's a scam and that Aer Lingus are not involved.

Advertisement