If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" LG B8

Options
  • 04-09-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new TV and have seen great reviews for the 55" LG B8 and have seen ye give it praise on here also. Won't be moving into our new house until later this year so wonder if you think this is likely to drop in price in the next few months for any reason.. brexit/black friday deals etc. Given it's popularity i'm guessing not. 

I plan to mount the tv above an electric inset fire which will rarely be switched on, would you see any issues with this or any concerns I should have about this approach?

What is the best price you could do on it at the moment?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new TV and have seen great reviews for the 55" LG B8 and have seen ye give it praise on here also. Won't be moving into our new house until later this year so wonder if you think this is likely to drop in price in the next few months for any reason.. brexit/black friday deals etc. Given it's popularity i'm guessing not. 

I plan to mount the tv above an electric inset fire which will rarely be switched on, would you see any issues with this or any concerns I should have about this approach?

What is the best price you could do on it at the moment?

Thanks
    Hi Pure Loonamus.

Thanks for the post.

The OLED TV's really are fantastic!!

The LG 55B8PLA is currently in the process of running out stock. I'm not too sure there would still be some of them left in a few months.
    It has already been replaced several months ago by the 55B9 which is retailing at £1599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Best price on the 55B8PLA would be the web listed price of £1099. There is a voucher (TV75) that can be used against this product until the 8th Sept that reduces the set down to £1024 plus £6.99 shipping.

Regarding a price drop on the 55B8PLA, our prices can change at the drop of a hat and without notice. Black Friday is too far a head to try and speculate if a certain product might change it price. We never get told our Black Friday pricing until the evening before the event takes place unfortunately.

For mounting it above an electrical fire there shouldn't be an issues as long as the fire is not for long periods of time as you risk over heating the TV. As I say there should be no issue but I do need to make you aware of the small risk in doing this.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Pure Loonamus

Thanks for the info, have had my eye on it for a while now so think I will pull the trigger as the B9 is a little out of my price range.

What bracket would you recommend putting with it, given that it will be above a fire, I think I will need a tilt bracket?

Thanks for the info, have had my eye on it for a while now so think I will pull the trigger as the B9 is a little out of my price range.

What bracket would you recommend putting with it, given that it will be above a fire, I think I will need a tilt bracket?
    Hi Pure Loonamus.

The 55B8PLA really is fantastic. Several of my colleague have purchased them.
    I use an older version and it still amazes me with the quality of some of the content that's out there.

For a tilting bracket there would be the Sanus BLT2-B1 priced at £79. I could offer this for £55 along with the television.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202750-sanus-blt2-b1-tilt-bracket-42-90-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

Thanks Kenny

PM Sent.

Thanks Kenny

PM Sent.
    Cheers Pure Loonamus :)

• Advertisement

Tv arrived yesterday, looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for all your help!

Tv arrived yesterday, looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for all your help!
    Hey Pure Loonamus.

Excellent News!!

Should you require anything in future please let me know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.