If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 speaker package

Options
  • 04-09-2019 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi 

I am giving my brother my old Onkyo TX-SR605 but he will need to buy a speaker set to go with it. Do you think the Canton movie 75 would be a reasonable match without increasing the budget dramatically?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

cracker wrote: »
    Hi 

I am giving my brother my old Onkyo TX-SR605 but he will need to buy a speaker set to go with it. Do you think the Canton movie 75 would be a reasonable match without increasing the budget dramatically?
    Hi Cracker.

The Canton Movie 75 would run along with the Onkyo 605 with no issues.
    The 605 is capable of driving much larger speakers so there would be no problem with the Canton 5.1 pack.

Currently priced at £199. He might also require cable for connecting it together as the Canton does not come with any.
    He would require speaker cable and a sublink cable.

Speaker cable starts at £1.19 per meter and a sublink starts at £19.95.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Hi 

Hi Cracker.

The 605 is capable of driving much larger speakers so there would be no problem with the Canton 5.1 pack.

Currently priced at £199. He might also require cable for connecting it together as the Canton does not come with any.

Thanks Kenny - what would the next step up be in a speaker package? I see there is the Elac for €100 extra and then another €100 gets up to the Wharfedale. He is certainly not an audiophile and these are just for a living room. But at the same time I don't want to recommend something that will be underwhelming. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi 

Hi Cracker.

Thanks Kenny - what would the next step up be in a speaker package? I see there is the Elac for €100 extra and then another €100 gets up to the Wharfedale. He is certainly not an audiophile and these are just for a living room. But at the same time I don't want to recommend something that will be underwhelming. 
    Hey Cracker.

Each step up in price is also a step up in quality.

It really just depends on his budget.

The Elac @ £299 will have a slightly more detailed sound and with the larger subwoofer give lower bass tones. - I could do a deal on this pack for £250

The Wharfdale DX2 at £399 is a very good pack for the money and very popular. - I could do a deal on this pack at £340

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.