Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PIR to lights.

• 04-09-2019 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

I have LED strip lights that are controlled by a handheld remote. the light are controlled with a Lumeno controller LM-CTRC1009.
    the Remote i have is as per the link below,
    http://www.lumeno.ie/index.php/featured-articles/led-accessories/item/46-4-zone-dimming-rf-remote-control

I only have white lights, its not RBG. so my question is there a PIR i could get that would send a signal to the controller instead of using the remote to just turn them on and remain on for a set time and then turn off? is it possible?

thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kryan1 wrote: »
    I have LED strip lights that are controlled by a handheld remote. the light are controlled with a Lumeno controller LM-CTRC1009.
    the Remote i have is as per the link below,
    http://www.lumeno.ie/index.php/featured-articles/led-accessories/item/46-4-zone-dimming-rf-remote-control

I only have white lights, its not RBG. so my question is there a PIR i could get that would send a signal to the controller instead of using the remote to just turn them on and remain on for a set time and then turn off? is it possible?

thank you
    Do you want to keep using the remote ?
    Easiest would be to turn them on via the remote. Then kill the power and put a PIR on the mains supply

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

ted1 wrote: »
    Do you want to keep using the remote ?
    Easiest would be to turn them on via the remote. Then kill the power and put a PIR on the mains supply

i would prefer if the PIR would control it rather than a remote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,726 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kryan1 wrote: »
    i would prefer if the PIR would control it rather than a remote.

Check what happens if you turn off the power at the switch/ fuse when the light is on. If it goes back to the on state. Then it’s simply a matter of connecting the PIR onto the mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

ted1 wrote: »
    Check what happens if you turn off the power at the switch/ fuse when the light is on. If it goes back to the on state. Then it’s simply a matter of connecting the PIR onto the mains.

Thank u, will try that

Advertisement