Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a yellow infraction

Options
  • 04-09-2019 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I got a yellow infraction for calling junkies "scum" in after hours.
    The MOD was KIMBOT

This is what the mod gave me an infraction for the part in Bold. There was other comments calling junkies scum but apparently mine was the one to be infraction

PM starts

Originally Posted by Kimbot
    Dear Tasfasdf,

You have been warned for a breach of the forum charter.

Kimbot

Moderator Note

p=111167837&postcount=45: Keep the "scum" comments out of here. Next time will be a ban!

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tasfasdf View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
    I wont cry you a river no, because I doubt you came from anything like that kind of background. Try putting yourself in their shoes.
    Check your privilege!
    And this is the case for all the scum or are you just an apologist for the scum.
    What charter rule did "scum" break?

The rule - "Dont be a dick"

PM ends

What is the problem here apart from opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Admin: I'd like to remind everybody that unless explicitly invited to do so, only the OP, Cmod and admin are permitted to post in a DRP.

As outlined above, have you tried engaging with the mod on this issue? That is the first stage in the DRP process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

mike_ie wrote: »
    As outlined above, have you tried engaging with the mod on this issue? That is the first stage in the DRP process.

Yes as per OP. He seems to think its breaking the rules using the term scum.

I'll ask one of the CMods to take a look. Please give them a chance to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I will look into this tomorrow.
    Apologies, I am to the wall at the moment.

• Advertisement

?

From what I've seen elsewhere on the site, LEIN is pretty busy at the moment with real world issues, and may not have had the time to look at this yet. I'll bring it to the other CMods attention, but if you wish to expedite this, I can step into the role of CMod in this case and deal with it. You will of course, still be entitled to an admin review from another admin, should you not agree with my findings.

Let me know.

From what I've seen elsewhere on the site, LEIN is pretty busy at the moment with real world issues, and may not have had the time to look at this yet. I'll bring it to the other CMods attention, but if you wish to expedite this, I can step into the role of CMod in this case and deal with it. You will of course, still be entitled to an admin review from another admin, should you not agree with my findings.

Let me know.

Ok Mike you can review it

Cheers. I'll take a look at it today and get back to you.

Hi Tasfasdf,

Reading through the posts prior to yours, only one other poster made use of the word "scum", and that was in direct reference to your first post, calling you out on it, so that argument doesn't really hold water.

Again, reading your posts, I agree that "scum" is certainly on the lighter side of 'being a dick', and had the comment been wrapped up in some greater argument or show of opinion, I might personally turn a blind eye to it. But reading through your posts, they're geared only towards getting a reaction from other posters, nothing more - particularly your second post, which is directed towards an individual poster who happened not to agree with you.
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How does that make any sense?

Junkies are pure scum and did it to themselves so fk them.
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    And this is the case for all the scum or are you just an apologist for the scum.

That taken into account, I don't see an issue with a forum mod issuing a yellow card (which is a warning), to rein in such posts. You're entitled to your opinion, but how you express that opinion can be called into question. With that in mind, I don't see any reason to revoke the yellow card.

You are entitled to an 'admin' review from another admin - let me know if that's how you wish to proceed.

• Advertisement

Hi Tasfasdf,

Reading through the posts prior to yours, only one other poster made use of the word "scum", and that was in direct reference to your first post, calling you out on it, so that argument doesn't really hold water.

Again, reading your posts, I agree that "scum" is certainly on the lighter side of 'being a dick', and had the comment been wrapped up in some greater argument or show of opinion, I might personally turn a blind eye to it. But reading through your posts, they're geared only towards getting a reaction from other posters, nothing more - particularly your second post, which is directed towards an individual poster who happened not to agree with you.

That taken into account, I don't see an issue with a forum mod issuing a yellow card (which is a warning), to rein in such posts. You're entitled to your opinion, but how you express that opinion can be called into question. With that in mind, I don't see any reason to revoke the yellow card.

You are entitled to an 'admin' review from another admin - let me know if that's how you wish to proceed.

How is it that on other threads the word scum can be used such an the antifa thread and calling people like Tommy Robinson a wanker is ok and calling other posters racist but I dont attack a poster I get carded for calling junkies scum like wdf.

I get carded for the word scum why are you bring other posts into it to keep a infraction on the use a word scum?

You're referencing other threads in other forums that have no bearing on this particular situation.

I brought your other posts in that thread to a) illustrate that despite your claims in your OP, that the only person using "scum" in the thread up until that point was you, and that your usage of the word was to provoke a response. My initial statement still stands, the post in question was on the lighter side of 'being a dick', however I don't see any reason to disagree with the mod's ruling in this case, that they felt a yellow card was warranted.

You may escalate this to an admin if you would like to contest this further.

You're referencing other threads in other forums that have no bearing on this particular situation.

I brought your other posts in that thread to a) illustrate that despite your claims in your OP, that the only person using "scum" in the thread up until that point was you, and that your usage of the word was to provoke a response. My initial statement still stands, the post in question was on the lighter side of 'being a dick', however I don't see any reason to disagree with the mod's ruling in this case, that they felt a yellow card was warranted.

You may escalate this to an admin if you would like to contest this further.

I'll escalate it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll have a look at this

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You asked another user if they were "just an apologist for the scum."

That is being uncivil towards the other user. You seem to have been deliberately raising the temperature of the topic with the "scum" comments in the knowledge you would likely wind up the other poster you were referring to

I am seeing no reason to overturn the card which appears entirely reasonable in the context of your posting in that thread

I would add that you have now picked up 4 sanctions in a period of less than 2 months, 3 of them for having digs at other users. Please take more care when posting - attacking a post is fine, but attacking a poster is not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement