Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

markc91 wrote: »
    Just last week I took out KDB for bruno. Have Auba for DGW but dont know if thats enough. Would have to sacrifice salah to get KDB back and not sure it's worth it

Or reverse Bruno -> KdB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Or reverse Bruno -> KdB?

Havent got the funds for that would need to take a hit whereas can swap kdb for salah for no hit but afraid of salah v bourn

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

km79 wrote: »
    Suppose KDB is prob the call for me now alright so
    Mane and salah both hope to Bournemouth uncaptained
    Feels wrong

Do you have both Salah and Mané? I own both and am considering what to do with them. There’s surely a chance that one of them will be rested on Saturday ahead of the second leg with Atletico. I was planning on seeing if any team news leaks out on Saturday morning with the view to possibly transferring one of them out if I get anything concrete. With them out of the cup now and with a game in 31 is something else to consider though I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Might bring in Ederson as Ryan has been appalling. And I can go without a keeper for 31

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What games are happening in 31 so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What games are happening in 31 so far?

Liverpool palace
    Burnley Watford
    Wolves bournemouth.
    Either spurs West ham or norwich Everton will be on also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've triple Liverpool and triple Wolves currently. Think if I get another 2 I'd leave off the FH idea for GW31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've triple Liverpool and triple Wolves currently. Think if I get another 2 I'd leave off the FH idea for GW31

I’ve triple of each also and 1 burnley 1 Watford but both Keepers. I’m not sure if I’ll use the FH yet form and injurys May force hand in that respect yert

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Who do I play Saka instead of this GW? Leaning more towards Soyuncu

VlsUaL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

callaway92 wrote: »
    Who do I play Saka instead of this GW? Leaning more towards Soyuncu

VlsUaL.jpg

Martial for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

currently have 3 Pool 3 Wolves 2 Burnley and with 2 FT, 2 from Everton/Watford wold save a chip

but that's 31. I don't have KDB for 29 and i'm worried. i have Mahrez and Pepe. Am thinking Jesus (c) in for Firmino and/or KDB for Salah

any thoughts on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    currently have 3 Pool 3 Wolves 2 Burnley and with 2 FT, 2 from Everton/Watford wold save a chip

but that's 31. I don't have KDB for 29 and i'm worried. i have Mahrez and Pepe. Am thinking Jesus (c) in for Firmino and/or KDB for Salah

any thoughts on that?

I wouldn't get Jesus anyway.

I'm in the same boat with KDB. But getting rid of Salah before Bournemouth at home seems like a very bad move. Do you have any other way of getting KDB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Someone tell me why I shouldn’t triple captain PEA

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shanee. wrote: »
    Someone tell me why I shouldn’t triple captain PEA

Because he will let you down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

So GW31 will contain many blank fixtures, I am guessing this is weekend many people will use free hit?

What are the double game weeks (potentially) apart from this weekend to look out for?

Have free hit, wildcard and bench boost left. Drifting behind the leader in my league and don't want to get burned by being too clever trying to hold onto them

Ederson

Boly
    Taylor (Burnley)
    TAA

Salah
    KDB
    Mahrez
    Perez

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvert Lewin

Bench: McCarthy, Rico, Lundstam, Cantwell

I have no transfers this week as I changed Alisson to Ederson.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I’ve got

Henderson
    Pope (31)

TAA (31)
    Boly (31)
    Soyuncu
    Egan
    Kelly

Salah (31)
    Mane (31)
    Ricky (31*)
    Traore (31)
    Grealish

DCL (31)
    Jimi (31)
    Ings

1.6 ITB and no way of getting to KDB without losing Mane/Salah or else losing Ricky who is playing in 31 and taking a hit on Grealish.

Can get Auba if I sell Ings and miss out in fixtures v Newcastle and Norwich and take the hit on Ricky.

What’s my least worst option? Probably wildcarding in 32 so it’s a 3 week plan I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

For people with free hit who are planning on navigating through 31 without using it when are yous planning on using it? I have free hit, TC and BB left and had planned on fh 31 but have 5 players as it stands and probably 6 after I do almiron to sarr this week. Is there any better times to use fh or is 31 the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

markc91 wrote: »
    For people with free hit who are planning on navigating through 31 without using it when are yous planning on using it? I have free hit, TC and BB left and had planned on fh 31 but have 5 players as it stands and probably 6 after I do almiron to sarr this week. Is there any better times to use fh or is 31 the best option

I'm leaning towards 34 or 37. Thinking of using WC in 32 or 33 and setting myself up for one of the doubles, and FH in the other one.

I currently have Ramsdale, TAA, Saiss, Mane, Salah, Sarr (assuming I go through with my proposed transfer this week) and Jimenez. Assuming Spurs beat Norwich I'll also have Cantwell and DCL.

It leaves me with only KDB for DGW29, but the only other player I'd want is Aubameyang and it would cost me a -4, a BGW31 player, Mane home to Bournemouth and Vardy home to Villa - way too high a price to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Is it madness to ship Mané out for Pepé this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would it be madness to play my BB this week with Martial (MCITY) Kiko Femenia (crypal) Taylor (SPURS), could look at bringing in a keeper for a -4 who will have a game in 31 like Pope or Krul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Is it madness to ship Mané out for Pepé this week?

I think it's madness

I think I'm doing similar though :)
    Will be shipping out Mane to make funds for Auba and then reversing it in 2 gameweeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Interesting tweet here for those thinking of FHing in GW31.

This GW could be an option.

https://twitter.com/roneildinho/status/1235187227791167490?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Must say I'm a bit flummoxed now on what to do now. Have FH, BB and WC.

Was planning to use FH in 31, was hoping for maximum carnage to punish early FHers but Liverpool progressing have scuppered that.

But now I'm in an odd situation where I don't think my FH will get me that many extra points in 31, yet at the same time I will likely struggle to get more than 7 players out for 31 if I don't FH.

Have 3 pool (Salah, TAA and Robbo) and 3 Wolves (Jimi, Boly and Dendonker).

A Leicester loss would be good, would give me two more.

If not I'll have to either WC next week, or just swallow my medicine and FH on 31, or just try to ride out 31 with 7 players (one of which is Dendonker).

My team looks great for this week so a WC seems a bad idea right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Morzadec wrote: »
    Must say I'm a bit flummoxed now on what to do now. Have FH, BB and WC.

Was planning to use FH in 31, was hoping for maximum carnage to punish early FHers but Liverpool progressing have scuppered that.

But now I'm in an odd situation where I don't think my FH will get me that many extra points in 31, yet at the same time I will likely struggle to get more than 7 players out for 31 if I don't FH.

Have 3 pool (Salah, TAA and Robbo) and 3 Wolves (Jimi, Boly and Dendonker).

A Leicester loss would be good, would give me two more.

If not I'll have to either WC next week, or just swallow my medicine and FH on 31, or just try to ride out 31 with 7 players (one of which is Dendonker).

My team looks great for this week so a WC seems a bad idea right now.

Feel very similar myself, team looks great for the GW but will have 7/8 for 31. Think I'll just WC anyways and then dont have to worry about who I get in this week and next (want to get Bruno in)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would it be madness to play my BB this week with Martial (MCITY) Kiko Femenia (crypal) Taylor (SPURS), could look at bringing in a keeper for a -4 who will have a game in 31 like Pope or Krul?

Jus noticed I could do the same. If I transfer Chilwell & Button ---> Pope & Lascalles. Food for thought over the next few days. Or maybe just do it without a keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I’m thinking now of wild carding with 6 Arsenal and City players and 9 players to cover BGW 31.

Can then free hit if needed in GW 34 and build toward GW37 with transfers. Will be relying on Crellin etc to predict which fixtures to go where to see if this is viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I’m thinking now of wild carding with 6 Arsenal and City players and 9 players to cover BGW 31.

Can then free hit if needed in GW 34 and build toward GW37 with transfers. Will be relying on Crellin etc to predict which fixtures to go where to see if this is viable.

Which 6 Arsenal/City players are you thinking? Aside from Auba/KDB it's pretty much pot luck who plays both games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Which 6 though? KDB and Auba would be two, but outside Ederson/Leno who else would you realistically bring in?

Assuming you want 3 Liverpool for GW31, you would have a lot of cash tied up in those 9 players.

I'm considering something similar, but seems so counter intuitive to Wildy on a week with a strong team.

I think not knowing what 34 will look like is making this hard. I've heard rumours of 34 being a week with some teams blanking and some teams doubling. If that's true then it seems a dream for a FH

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Which 6 though? KDB and Auba would be two, but outside Ederson/Leno who else would you realistically bring in?

Assuming you want 3 Liverpool for GW31, you would have a lot of cash tied up in those 9 players.

6 might be too much, but Saka (4.6) is a cheap option as is Otamendi (5.0) who I'd fancy to play with Laporte out and is occasionally good for a goal or BP. Those two would be a couple of enablers for this scenario in terms of not tying up too much funds

Advertisement