Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank and Double Gameweek discussion 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Would people really considering using the free hit this weekend in order to get in lots of Arsenal and City players? Along with other favourables for 1 week only?

Never considered this, have Mahrez and KDB, but really would love to get Abemayang into my XI but cannot do so without taking a hit. And would involve getting rid of Vardy who has a very favourable fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Would people really considering using the free hit this weekend in order to get in lots of Arsenal and City players? Along with other favourables for 1 week only?

Never considered this, have Mahrez and KDB, but really would love to get Abemayang into my XI but cannot do so without taking a hit. And would involve getting rid of Vardy who has a very favourable fixture.

All of these things are team dependent but FH this week doesn't seem a good strategy I wouldn't have thought.

It's not a great DGW for either Arsenal or City - the former cos they play City away and the latter cos of rotation.

PEA seems a good choice as it's a juicy home fixture and City are capable of conceding without Laporte, but he's the only one I'd consider captaining and i'd prob include KDB in that as I could def see him being rested in advance of Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Morzadec wrote: »
    All of these things are team dependent but FH this week doesn't seem a good strategy I wouldn't have thought.

It's not a great DGW for either Arsenal or City - the former cos they play City away and the latter cos of rotation.

PEA seems a good choice as it's a juicy home fixture and City are capable of conceding without Laporte, but he's the only one I'd consider captaining and i'd prob include KDB in that as I could def see him being rested in advance of Madrid

They don't play Madrid until the 17th, that's after the Burnley game even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Morzadec wrote: »
    6 might be too much, but Saka (4.6) is a cheap option as is Otamendi (5.0) who I'd fancy to play with Laporte out and is occasionally good for a goal or BP. Those two would be a couple of enablers for this scenario in terms of not tying up too much funds

Saka is classed as a Midfield but playing LB. Tierney is also very close to a return by all accounts so wouldn't be touching him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I think ye are losing the run of yereselves !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

FH this week seems insane to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

markc91 wrote:
    For people with free hit who are planning on navigating through 31 without using it when are yous planning on using it? I have free hit, TC and BB left and had planned on fh 31 but have 5 players as it stands and probably 6 after I do almiron to sarr this week. Is there any better times to use fh or is 31 the best option

Gw 38 could be an option. Lot of rotation and usually has some high scoring games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m going one from city and asnl. Think that’s plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Mané/Ings to Auba/Pepé for a hit

Going with 3 City, with no hits taken. Going to bank on PEA staying quiet

Ederson

Boly
    TAA
    Taylor

KDB
    Mahrez
    Salah
    Perez

Ings
    Vardy
    Calvert Lewin

Agonised over bring in PEA but it involved taking an 8 point hit, and switching with Vardy who has a nice fixture himself.

Will save FH for another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭KBurke85

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Is it madness to ship Mané out for Pepé this week?

Yes Mane could easily score more in one game than Pepe will in two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Benimar wrote: »
    Which 6 though? KDB and Auba would be two, but outside Ederson/Leno who else would you realistically bring in?

Assuming you want 3 Liverpool for GW31, you would have a lot of cash tied up in those 9 players.

Maybe only want 3 City, Ederson, Mahrez, KDB and 2 Arsenal, Auba and Saka/Nkietiah:

Ederson Pope

TAA Robbo Doherty Boly Taylor

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka Cantwell

Auba Jota Nketiah

Gives me 29 of:

Ederson

Doherty Boly Robbo TAA

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka (or Nketiah in 433)

Auba Jota

For 31 would have 9 of Pope, Doherty Boly, TAA, Robertson, Taylor, Salah Cantwell and Jota with 2 FT to swap Mahrez/KDB to Ricky/Sarr etc

Man City have good fixture this weekend home to Burnley so that comes into my thinking - if Mahrez/KDB are rested then they should start that. Similarly Arsenal have best fixture in GW32 home to Norwich so getting in Auba makes sense for captaincy too.

My current team is set up really well for this gameweek before DGW was announced and already have 9 for GW 31 but can see lots of positives in playing wild card now.

Maybe only want 3 City, Ederson, Mahrez, KDB and 2 Arsenal, Auba and Saka/Nkietiah:

Ederson Pope

TAA Robbo Doherty Boly Taylor

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka Cantwell

Auba Jota Nketiah

Gives me 29 of:

Ederson

Doherty Boly Robbo TAA

KDB Mahrez Salah Saka (or Nketiah in 433)

Auba Jota

For 31 would have 9 of Pope, Doherty Boly, TAA, Robertson, Taylor, Salah Cantwell and Jota with 2 FT to swap Mahrez/KDB to Ricky/Sarr etc

Man City have good fixture this weekend home to Burnley so that comes into my thinking - if Mahrez/KDB are rested then they should start that. Similarly Arsenal have best fixture in GW32 home to Norwich so getting in Auba makes sense for captaincy too.

My current team is set up really well for this gameweek before DGW was announced and already have 9 for GW 31 but can see lots of positives in playing wild card now.

Prefer to use WC with a bench boost in mind though, to eventually get all 15 playing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Leaning towards riding out 31 now.

Want PEA in this week so that's 29 transfer done.

Still can use 1 transfer in 30 and 1 transfer in 31 to get in assets for 31, and try to make sure I get the best ones possible.

Would leave me with 3 Liverpool, 3 Wolves (albeit one of them being Dendonker), + 2 others (likely an Everton attacker and a Burnley defender, although keeping an eye on Sarr too).

Will those who FH in 31 or who have prepared a bit better to have 10-11 players outscore that team by much? Not sure, but I don't see a FH team I put together being very likely to get me more than 15 points or so than what I can put together without FH.

WC now while my team looks really good just doesn't seem worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I may be reasonably well served for GW 31 and a last minute free hit to stockpile on Arsenal and Man City disappointments sounds like pretty Prodston like maneuver :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

I may be reasonably well served for GW 31 and a last minute free hit to stockpile on Arsenal and Man City disappointments sounds like pretty Prodston like maneuver :D

It's tempting.....

But crazy at the same time!

Kinda sums up this FPL season.

What are the fixtures for GW 31?

shmeee wrote: »
    It's tempting.....

But crazy at the same time!

Kinda sums up this FPL season.

Explain why you think its crazy? curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

KDB is getting plenty of rest anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Cartman78 wrote: »
    KDB is getting plenty of rest anyway!

Him not being in the squad is worrying me!

Him not being in the squad is worrying me!

I did not spot that !!!!!
    Paranoid now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote: »
    I did not spot that !!!!!
    Paranoid now

Relax lads, Kevin is fine. He's just home alone.

http://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1235318680118063104M

Can’t really sell mane or salah now
    Having both will hopefully be a big help that week !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1235318680118063104M

Can’t really sell mane or salah now
    Having both will hopefully be a big help that week !

Tweet deleted ?

Man City vs Newcastle is a confirmed postponement in GW34.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Explain why you think its crazy? curious

As trying to pick 6 Arsenal and Man City players who are mostly likely to return points and play both games is some mission along with the Liverpool assets and keep on budget.

It would be a bold move and a game changer if hit.

Crazy not as in a fool for doing it but crazy the same way some of this FPL season has went.

You'd be going against the template teams picked in the upcoming BGW's which over the years havnt exactly recorded big scores above the average (there was a post here on stats on when using chips was best)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Spurs available in 31 now and Everton aren't. That'll upset a few people's plans.

So 31 is set...

Spurs v West Ham
    Burnley v Watford
    Liverpool v Palace
    Wolves v Bournemouth

3 Pool 3 Wolves Pope and Sarr plus maybe Deeney will do me for that week I think. Don't think it will worth taking hits for. Will not be touching Spurs, they're poison.

• Advertisement

Spurs available in 31 now and Everton aren't. That'll upset a few people's plans.

A right spanner in the works.

Happy I've none from either team yet TBH.

So might just take a -4 this week and -4 next week and that will give me 11 players in BGW31. Even one -4 would do me and I'd take 10 players even.

Advertisement