Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gamestop Switch 1.1 Trade In Offer

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is there any way to check how much credit is on your gamestop card? I got a silver/grey card for the trade in + €2 but already had an Orange one with two traded games + boost. I am going over today, but was wondering if I could check it online before I went over.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

Traded in today, and also got 25% of pre-owned MarioKart 8. Awesome deal.
    Apparently valid on Switch Lite pre-orders too...you'd end up with €70 credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Traded in mine today. Apparently the last one available in Limerick for now. None in William St, only reserved ones left in Parkway and I got the last one in the crescent. Great deal, very helpful staff in William St and the Crescent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My Gamestop said they had just got more stock in

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭fitz

Traded in mine today. Apparently the last one available in Limerick for now. None in William St, only reserved ones left in Parkway and I got the last one in the crescent. Great deal, very helpful staff in William St and the Crescent.

Got mine in Blanchardstown, and it was the last one they had in stock. Probably going to start getting tricky to avail of the deal before it ends at the end of the month, glad I got around to it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Just got mine in Gamestop Henry St. Took them about an hour to test it. Mine was in perfect condition so the exchange was painless.
    Thanks to everyone in here for the help in making the switch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jv2000

I traded mine yesterday in Dundrum. It took them about 15 mins to do the test and the staff were great. Very smooth experience and a great deal overall. I do not get to use my switch as much as I would like due to work, family etc but this upgrade is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzyB

Got mine today in Cork, fantastic deal. Had my console set up with a test account for them, they did 3 mins of testing flicking through the menus and clipping the joy cons on / off etc.

Also traded in BOTW as I was only 1 divine beast down after 6 months of intermittent play too hard a game for the limited time I have to game these days.

Got astral chain to go with excited to try it seems a new concept.

All in €70 and a very happy customer.

I traded in my switch last week, but due to work and other things I never got around to setting it up.
    I am after using my credit to buy Super Mario Odyssey instead of LOZ Links Awakening, so was looking forward to playing it.
    I am hitting a stumbling block setting it up though.

Screens:
    1. Select how you would like to add user (create new/import a user)
    2. Do you still have the console that you'd like to import a user from? (No/Yes)
    3. Was your nintendo account linked to a user on the original console? (No/Yes)
    4. Please link to the same nintendo account that you were using on the original console. (Link to a Nintendo Account/Later/View Details)
    5. A system update is required. A system update cannot be performed during the initial setup of the console. To perform a system update later select * (system settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

Then it brings me back to create a new user for the console or import a user. :confused:
    Any idea how I can get my old account on?
    If I create a new account, can I update, and then delete it and make my original account the main user?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Suckit wrote: »
    I traded in my switch last week, but due to work and other things I never got around to setting it up.
    I am after using my credit to buy Super Mario Odyssey instead of LOZ Links Awakening, so was looking forward to playing it.
    I am hitting a stumbling block setting it up though.

Screens:
    1. Select how you would like to add user (create new/import a user)
    2. Do you still have the console that you'd like to import a user from? (No/Yes)
    3. Was your nintendo account linked to a user on the original console? (No/Yes)
    4. Please link to the same nintendo account that you were using on the original console. (Link to a Nintendo Account/Later/View Details)
    5. A system update is required. A system update cannot be performed during the initial setup of the console. To perform a system update later select * (system settings) => System on the HOME Menu.

Then it brings me back to create a new user for the console or import a user. :confused:
    Any idea how I can get my old account on?
    If I create a new account, can I update, and then delete it and make my original account the main user?

Just make a user, then do the update. Then once in the main menu after updating, click the profile picture and there is a " link to account" option. That will get the old account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭kirkfx

Make a new account on the switch and at the end of the process it will ask if you want to link it to an Nintendo Account. Do this, the one you set up will have all the licenses from your original account.

Thanks, will try that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Played loads tonight nearly 3 hours. 43% left on the battery. Some difference.

Played loads tonight nearly 3 hours. 43% left on the battery. Some difference.
    I never got around to setting mine up as the young lad wanted to do it with me had to go, So I decided to wait. But looking forward to the extra battery time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Is this offer still on ? I can't see it on the website

• Advertisement

Is this offer still on ? I can't see it on the website

It's on until the end of the month providing they have the stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Do you need to bring the box, dock, plug, HDMI cable etc also ?

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Do you need to bring the box, dock, plug, HDMI cable etc also ?

Yep, everything that was in the box. And throw in the box too if you still have it like I did.

OK - I really need to get my finger out.

All games I care about have cloud save.

So the procedure is:

- Deregister all my accounts with my current switch
    - factory reset the current switch
    - Set up a test account on the factor reset switch
    - Get all my bits and pieces and bring it in to Gamestop
    - Register my old accounts with the new switch
    - Download the games I want (or does it auto-download everything ??)

Is that pretty much it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

All I did was bring in the console and all the accessories, left it with them for an hour to test it, called back and paid €30 for my new switch and out the door I went. They deregistered it for me in-store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yep, everything that was in the box. And throw in the box too if you still have it like I did.

I didn't give them the controller dock or the box and it went fine.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I didn't give them the controller dock or the box and it went fine.

Did they keep the dock from the new one ?? Or did you get it ?

Did they keep the dock from the new one ?? Or did you get it ?

No they didn't even ask for it.

Eventually got around to signing in, painless enough, but when I put in the microsd card of my old console with my data on it, i get a message saying
    This microSD card is being used by another Nintendo Switch console, or was used on this console before it was formatted. You must delete the Nintendo Switch data on the card if you want to use the card on this console.a won't be

The console will restart after deleting the data.
    (This will close suspended software.)
    Save data, screenshots, videos and other non-Nintendo Switch data won't be deleted.
    You can remove the microSD card if you don't want to use it on this console.

The guy in store told me I could just stick in the MicroSD card on the new one and all data would be there.
    I guess that's not the case.
    Not to worry. But I hope I don't have to remember each Country I bought each game in and with which user.. aghast.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Eventually got around to signing in, painless enough, but when I put in the microsd card of my old console with my data on it, i get a message saying

The guy in store told me I could just stick in the MicroSD card on the new one and all data would be there.
    I guess that's not the case.
    Not to worry. But I hope I don't have to remember each Country I bought each game in and with which user.. aghast.gif

Yeah this is normal, and the guy in the shop obviously wasn’t aware of it. Without a system like this, games could easily be copied and shared between consoles.

When you stick in the formatted memory card and re-link your account to the new switch does it auto download your eShop purchases, or do you have to go the eShop and manually kick ones off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

deadl0ck wrote:
    When you stick in the formatted memory card and re-link your account to the new switch does it auto download your eShop purchases, or do you have to go the eShop and manually kick ones off ?

Manually do it per game!

Because a download all button would be insanity!

Grassey wrote: »
    Manually do it per game!

Because a download all button would be insanity!
    Just checking !
    If I do the trade in I have games from EU, South Africa, US and Japan :/

Just checking !
    If I do the trade in I have games from EU, South Africa, US and Japan :/

I just did it. Painless enough :D
    I haven't checked if all the games are there, but pretty sure they are.
    I logged into estore, clicked on my avatar on the top right, then clicked redownload.
    All the games on the account Russia, South Africa, Sweden etc.. appeared in a list.
    I just ticked all the way down and they all started downloading. :) No need to get any last minute flights.

All of my games have downloaded (weirdly there is not enough space with the same card and same games).

But when I try to play a game, I receive this message
    Checking whether this software can be played
    Then it says
    This user cannot play this software.
    If you have not purchased this software, you can do so from Nintendo eShop.

Visit the Nintendo Support website for more information.
    support.nintendo.com

I can play it if I change account to the user that purchased the games.
    I had initially set up a different account for each country.
    None of the kids that play the console will be able to play any of the games.
    Is there any way around this, or is this security on the new Switch to stop games being shared?

Edited
    Ouch..
    https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22453/
    https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22434

So I need to deregister the old console (which I no longer have). I can do it remotely but only once per year. I guess there is no downside to doing this?
    An awful lot of hoop jumping, I hope the games work after this.

Double Edit..

Nope. Same error. Not enjoying this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had the same issue.
    I had initially set up a different account for each country.

This is the key line. You need to deregister your switch on each regional account (not just your main one).

Do you have the login details for each account?

You can deregister through the web by logging into your account.

Mr E wrote: »
    I had the same issue.
    This is the key line. You need to deregister your switch on each regional account (not just your main one).

Do you have the login details for each account?

You can deregister through the web by logging into your account.

Ah.. That makes sense :o
    Yep, I have thankfully. Thanks, I will try that. Going to cut the grass before it rains and Autumne and Winter prevent me from ever doing it again :)
    2 days off and fecking still no chance to play my new switch cry_blownose.gif

Is it possible to merge all the account after that is done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Ah.. That makes sense :o
    Yep, I have thankfully. Thanks, I will try that. Going to cut the grass before it rains and Autumne and Winter prevent me from ever doing it again :)
    2 days off and fecking still no chance to play my new switch cry_blownose.gif

Is it possible to merge all the account after that is done?

I’ve warned people about using other regions because of unexpected stuff like this and all I ever hear back is “shut up you don’t have a clue”.

Sorry this happened you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I’ve warned people about using other regions because of unexpected stuff like this and all I ever hear back is “shut up you don’t have a clue”.

Except there's a simple remedy. But go ahead and enjoy your view from that high horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What issues? Loads of us have separate accounts for different regions and out of everyone in here that's upgraded there's been one or two who've had a problem logging back in. One because they forgot to unlink their accounts and one because he couldn't remember his password (I think) that's hardly earth shattering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah exactly. A minor headache. No games lost, and nobody died.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Rael

FYI Swords got new stock in (Blue and Red joycons) this afternoon. Was in there about 14:30.

Brought my 2017 Switch in, left it with them for 15 mins and walked out with a new model for €30. No problems.

I just did it. Painless enough :D
    I haven't checked if all the games are there, but pretty sure they are.
    I logged into estore, clicked on my avatar on the top right, then clicked redownload.
    All the games on the account Russia, South Africa, Sweden etc.. appeared in a list.
    I just ticked all the way down and they all started downloading. :) No need to get any last minute flights.
    Is this online on a browser, or is it in the eshop ?

Is this online on a browser, or is it in the eshop ?

In the eshop

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Yes I'm sure you anticipated something like this. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Got the deal in gamestop yesterday galway. Traded in a few ps4 games and got 50% extra trade value on those. Great deal to be fair.

Witcher 3 over half paid off now too.

detoxkid wrote: »
    Got the deal in gamestop yesterday galway. Traded in a few ps4 games and got 50% extra trade value on those. Great deal to be fair.

Witcher 3 over half paid off now too.

Why you getting it on Switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

Cos it is portable and I have small kids so it is now accessable. Had it in ps4 and Xbox and got through first 20 hours or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭cannco253

Just traded in our switch for new 1.1 in gamestop Galway today.
    Quick check and all done within 10mins. Great service and have new switch downloading games now....

Is the trade in deal over tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Is the trade in deal over tomorrow?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Got the deal on Friday in the crescent, the nice lady even allowed me to transfer my user profile to the new console in the store using my phone as a portable hotspot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Paradicia

Is Wolfenstein still 12.50?

Got the deal on Friday in the crescent, the nice lady even allowed me to transfer my user profile to the new console in the store using my phone as a portable hotspot :)

They had to do that in mine cause the store sucks and the wifi broke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

SMC92Ian wrote: »

They had to do that in mine cause the store sucks and the wifi broke.

In the case of the crescent I can understand though! Why provide your own customer WiFi if the shopping centre provides it for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement