Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longwood park Rathfarnham

Options
  • 05-09-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I am thinking of buying a house in Longwood Park Rathfarnham and wondering if it’s a good place to buy in?
    -Is it Safe? Is there anti social behavior around there?
    -I read Grange park can flood. Does it also happen in Longwood Park?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Lived there about 20 years ago (£450/month rent) and was as safe and pleasant as you'd get and I've family and friends in adjoining roads and you'd never hear of any issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donnelna

Darc19 wrote: »
    Lived there about 20 years ago (£450/month rent) and was as safe and pleasant as you'd get and I've family and friends in adjoining roads and you'd never hear of any issues whatsoever.

Thanks a million for the reply. That’s great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Lived there for over 30 years. Been a few recent break-ins and thefts from cars but this is unusual. Great location overall and I'd have no worries buying there. Oh, and zero issues with flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 whitelie

Pretty safe area, surrounded by a few not so good areas though. But nowhere is perfect right?

Regards flooding the road just behind that (Aranleigh court) had severe flooding back in, I think 2010 (that year everywhere got flooded, you know the one). They literally had to knock down a section of the partition wall to let the water escape, at that stage there was at least 2 foot of water. That was the one time in about 20 years though and I think Longwood escaped it since the roads are bit more open on that side and there's better drainage (newer housing estate). Whether or not the council actually improved things in case of this happening again in the future I don't know but it's something I'll always keep in mind when choosing a house, never buy at the bottom of a hill XD. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I have lived here for 20 years and I love it, everything on your doorstep, Parks, shopping , bus routes etc, majority of people very nice, no antisocial behaviour, the odd noise around halloween,

• Advertisement
Advertisement