Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anc and Bps 2019

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Mooooo wrote: »
    You'd think they check on the efficiency of the system on their own side before rolling it out further. Their could be a lot of staff who can manage the paper system who perhaps cannot do so well in the digital side.

Cost cutting measures no doubt, some one else will get the bank interest while the farmer will be awaiting his allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Just when you thought your problems were over.

The new LPIS mapping is being extended to a number of new counties this year.

So any land parcels you may have in those counties will be subject to new mapping this year.

Or, to put it another way, anybody claiming for land parcels in those counties can expect delays and general frustration in enquiring about delays and in getting paid.

It might be an idea to prepare yourself as well as you can for delays.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/department-continues-roll-out-of-new-land-mapping-system/

Got that letter today. what might the issues be with new maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Cost cutting measures no doubt, some one else will get the bank interest while the farmer will be awaiting his allocation.

Well given the number of extra automotons the Department is prepard to hire to roll out such pointless BS - I doubt they will be saving much money, though as you say it will the farmer - and of course farmland habitats that will get the kicking as per usual:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ruwithme wrote: »
    Got that letter today. what might the issues be with new maps?

Delays in digitisation of maps, delays in approving the digitisation of maps, delays in processing the digitisation of maps, delays in payments, delays in getting answers about what's going on.

Basically, everything, everywhere that you can think of to slow down payments.

As Whelan said above, they had huge difficulty in doing Louth this year and are now adding another 5 counties to the list when people are still waiting for last years BPS.

I could accept it to a certain degree if the approved countries were going to be paid without delay the next year but I think it will make no difference to people applying, still going to be a large number of people delayed for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,409 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What we were pushing for last year was that the advance payment should have been made. They could hold onto the balance payment. The other problem was alot of us were in for a satellite inspection too on top of the problems with digitisation. My dad wasnt in for a satellite inspection but he didn't get paid until the end of October. They actually had him down as not having claimed any land even though he has had the same acres for about 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I think the harsh reality is that if you got that letter now in January, at least you know now that theres a significant risk that you won't be paid until xmas week 2020 or later and to make the arrangements now if necessary to cover any shortfall for the 3 months you won't be seeing it

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I think the harsh reality is that if you got that letter now in January, at least you know now that theres a significant risk that you won't be paid until xmas week 2020 or later and to make the arrangements now if necessary to cover any shortfall for the 3 months you won't be seeing it

Poller's knocking on the door now with an election - now is the time to ask them what are THEY going to GUARANTEE if you give them your vote

Advertisement