Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Units, any recommendations?

Options
  • 05-09-2019 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hi, currently in process of moving out from rental accommodation and into another rental accommodation but only for 3 months after which I am leaving country for few months.

Don't want to bother with moving stuff back and forth so looking to get storage unit to just dump all my belongings there.

Any recommendations? Preferably around South Dublin?

I've seen there are few places offering half/full container rental for storage - what are pros/cons of that over say places like Ustore It, Nesta, Elephant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

We were happy with U store it but used a northside branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

I used his place in Citywest west . Well after Citywest in the road towards Blessington

http://citywestselfstorage.ie/

It’s just off the Blessington road and easy to access and cheap .

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭duefrine

I would go with the places offering the container's, they are usually much cheaper and offer more space and the access is usually 24/7....
    Ring around and get pricing, ask about size of unit, and access time etc;
    Container's are usually at ground level, where the others have a couple of floors and you have to use a lift to get access.....
    Container's for me....

Gonad wrote: »
    I used his place in Citywest west . Well after Citywest in the road towards Blessington

http://citywestselfstorage.ie/

It’s just off the Blessington road and easy to access and cheap .

Yes that was one of the main places I found, any issues with them?

• Advertisement

duefrine wrote: »
    I would go with the places offering the container's, they are usually much cheaper and offer more space and the access is usually 24/7....
    Ring around and get pricing, ask about size of unit, and access time etc;
    Container's are usually at ground level, where the others have a couple of floors and you have to use a lift to get access.....
    Container's for me....

Are there containers just in plain sight or are they generally monitored?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭duefrine

arleitiss wrote: »
    Are there containers just in plain sight or are they generally monitored?

All depends on the yard, ring around

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would containers be damp in winter months?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,940 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ustore it have round the clock access. Used the one in Ballymount. Found it great it was also cheapest around at the time. This was two years back.

spurious wrote: »
    Would containers be damp in winter months?

Yeah I am wondering about this one too.
    I have some electronics I want to store (like TV) but not sure if Containers would be suitable for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Who ever you go with check the T&Cs of the fire insurance, Store It in Ballymount went on fire a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

listermint wrote: »
    Ustore it have round the clock access. Used the one in Ballymount. Found it great it was also cheapest around at the time. This was two years back.

You must have been one of the first customers. I used to walk by that as it was being built. Can't be much more that 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

arleitiss wrote: »
    Yes that was one of the main places I found, any issues with them?
    no issues . Grand location just About a kilometre or two past Citywest . Usually empty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Smiles35 wrote: »
    You must have been one of the first customers. I used to walk by that as it was being built. Can't be much more that 2 years ago.

We used their location in finglas over ten years ago and had no problems

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

We are using Nesta in Santry at the moment. Moving into a new house soon so got the smallest room they have in order to focus us on not moving junk and using it as an excuse to do a big clear out before the move and it's been perfect. No furniture to store though.

The place is clean and secure though the hours may be limiting for some, only open till 6 during the week (8pm on a Thursday) and 5 on a Sunday. No 24 hour access.

We chose it over a container as I was worried about dampness as we are storing clothes etc.

They are pretty decent to deal with and they meet our needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I used Nesta on Kylemore Road twice

https://www.nesta.ie/location/kylemore-self-storage/

Good guys and I was very happy with the service. Ive seen damp mentioned a few times in the thread. Kylemore Road rent you a locker room inside the warehouse from 15 square metres , 25 up to something massive. It can be damn cold in there but there is no damp

Advertisement