Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new home - all fees

Options
  • 05-09-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Buying a new house at the moment and there seems to be quite a bit of a variation on which fees will have to be paid depending on the site I check.

Stamp Duty - On new homes, it's 1% of the price minus the vat
    Solicitor - Whatever you agree, approx 1500 + vat
    Land Registration on 400k - 800 + 175 (mortgage) + 40 (certified copy)
    Search Fee - Approx 150
    Commissioner of Oaths - 40
    Bank Assessment of property - Approx 150

Is there anything i'm missing in that or are there other costs i've missed? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

colly10 wrote: »
    Buying a new house at the moment and there seems to be quite a bit of a variation on which fees will have to be paid depending on the site I check.

Stamp Duty - On new homes, it's 1% of the price minus the vat
    Solicitor - Whatever you agree, approx 1500 + vat
    Land Registration on 400k - 800 + 175 (mortgage) + 40 (certified copy)
    Search Fee - Approx 150
    Commissioner of Oaths - 40
    Bank Assessment of property - Approx 150

Is there anything i'm missing in that or are there other costs i've missed? Thanks

Add in another €75 for open new folio for land registry (will be buying from a bigger plot of land and land registry charge a fee to give you your own folio).

Then the cost of a snag list for your engineer. Your bank may charge you for final valuation also. Sometimes they charge you for initial valuation and also final so you pay twice.

Advertisement