Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replay: All Ireland SFC Final Dublin v Kerry Saturday 14/09/2019 @ 6pm

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I have a photo of me in the Sam Maguire when Henry Downey and Eamonn Coleman brought it to primary school, something that don't happen again in Derry unless it is a B championship cup.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

What levels of creaming will RTE do if the Dubs win?

Ah would you stop. We’ve just seen 5 in a row.

Some of the bitterness like above is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Seadin

Your Face wrote: »
    Well done Dublin, impressive stuff.
    We'll be seeing a lot more from that young Kerry team.

Nothing is guaranteed in sport. Just look at Mayos good team from 2012-2017

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Hard to pick out a definite man of the match. Murchan perhaps? Or Con? Thought Howard went about it in his usual manner as well.

Kilkenny without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ciarán Whelan dressed like a settee.

Wearing his club colours :p

Cantwell is some dose. RTE are a bloody joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I’m as happy as Larry. You were just an awful poster the last 2 games and only posted for the finals. Stick to hating or average united team and your excellent coverage of French football. I’ll do the same with the German football.

Had a great day out at the koln Derby.

Hope the folks in Germany were more welcoming to you than you are to folks who only post for the finals. :pac:

I'll decide where I stick to posting, thanks. 5-in-a-row. You love to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Steps for the goal was ridiculous.

How many steps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

In the mix for six ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sk9 wrote: »
    “Live at home”

Where else are they meant to live for ****s sake? You expect them to be homeless?

they all live about in the same county they play for, no other county has that advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sk9

irishgeo wrote: »
    **** off you know what i mean. they all live about in the same county they play for, no other county has that advantage.

There’s no need for cursing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Vita nova wrote: »
    Genuine congratulations to Dublin but referring to teams from outside Dublin as "culchies" makes you sound like awfully narrow-minded prejudiced Dubliners.

Well in defence my comment was in reply to a guy calling us jackeens all day and the smiley was meant to show I wasn't being serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

175 seconds passing the ball around the Kerry Bus before knocking over for a point.

That's patience.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Obviously don't know about Dublin traffic, could easily spend 1 and half hours in their gaa taxi getting to training! :)

taxi can use bus lanes, dont see many buses stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anything to be said for a six pack ?

STB. wrote: »
    175 seconds passing the ball around the Kerry Bus before knocking over for a point.

That's patience.

Patient, precision and perfection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

forumdedum wrote: »
    Silly error on 2nd half throw in gifted it to Dublin. Kerry made work for themselves. Showed inexperience.

You could argue Mayo gifted them a final or two also.

Anyway, well done to the winners

Definitely. 3 of the 5 years the finals could've gone either way. Mayo cocked up 2 of them and Kerry had the opportunities this time.there were moments in each of those 5 games that could've and possibly should've sent Sam elsewhere but thems the breaks

2015 was a dire affair with ODonoghue seemingly carrying the weight of Kerry with him.

2018 Tyrone didn't even try to play them and Dublin easily outdid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Congrats Dublin history makers! fully deserved their 6 point margin of victory. It took the 2nd half of the 2nd game for the gap between the sides to be seen but I think with 15 men for the 2nd half in the drawn game Dublin probably would have won pulling up as they did tonight.

Kerry much improved on last year's quarter final exit but it was far to early in their transition/rebuilding to expect them to topple that Dublin team. What will disaspoint them mostly in that replay will be the poor descision making of number of their experienced players through out the game.

sk9 wrote: »
    There’s no need for cursing now.

Apologies just need to calm down. ill admit there is some fine players in that team.

Most of the dublin fans i met after finals have been more the gracious to us beaten mayo fans over the years so ill say enjoy the celebrations and bow out of here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Congrats Dublin history makers! fully deserved their 6 point margin of victory. It took the 2nd half of the 2nd game for the gap between the sides to be seen but I think with 15 men for the 2nd half in the drawn game Dublin probably would have won pulling up as they did tonight.

Kerry much improved on last year's quarter final exit but it was far to early in their transition/rebuilding to expect them to topple that Dublin team. What will disaspoint them mostly in that replay will be the poor descision making of number of their experienced players through out the game.

Had the same feeling too about the drawn game. Dublin had it well under control before the sending off and would have finished it off the first day if not for the red card, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Strumms wrote: »
    Patient, precision and perfection.

They lost possession on it and got a lucky bounce too. A bounce the other way and they would've just been playing down the clock.

Kerry didn't trust their football ability enough at times and hit it long, or delayed on great point chances.

Some young enough and talented enough players there for them to win it though, just not today

Kilkenny was head and shoulders the best player though.

**** off you know what i mean. they all live about in the same county they play for, no other county has that advantage.

So what's your plan, force Dublin players to take jobs outside of the capital or for Dublin to hold training outside the city??

The GAA can't be held to account for the reality of Dublin being the biggest city in the country in terms of economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Should just remove the 4-step rule from the rulebook.
    Just not applied anymore.
    Cost Kerry dearly today...

As did their wide count

Weepsie wrote: »
    Kilkenny was head and shoulders the best player though.

Him, Murchan, McCarthy all were superb, another level.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Ace2007 wrote: »
    If you gave Roscoomon 200m - they still won't produce An Ireland Winning team in the next 20 years, so what does that tell you?

Just 200 million, maybe not.
    Can you throw in
    home advantage for all the big games and finals.
    Increase players pool by 7 times
    Have all players working/living within county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

Weepsie wrote: »
    Definitely. 3 of the 5 years the finals could've gone either way. Mayo cocked up 2 of them and Kerry had the opportunities this time.there were moments in each of those 5 games that could've and possibly should've sent Sam elsewhere but thems the breaks

2015 was a dire affair with ODonoghue seemingly carrying the weight of Kerry with him.

2018 Tyrone didn't even try to play them and Dublin easily outdid them.

Listen, we could name a million things teams have done wrong against Dublin, and being from Mayo, I could offer you a list, but at the end of the day, you get nothing easy off that Dublin team. If you're going to beat them, you're going to have to battle. Few teams have the stomach for a battle against them.
    Kerry made a balls of some of their shooting today, but Dublin also made it tough for them. They packed the defence, forced them to recycle the ball and take pot shots, and then they slowed the game down and engaged in a bit of gamesmanship to see it out. Dublin showed experience and guile to win the day.

Was nice to see how much it meant to them at the end for a team that is often accused of leaving people cold. Could be the last we see of a few of those players in a Dublin jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Out before the madness.

UP THE DUBS !

490621.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If Dublin lost this big montage on RTE would have gone to waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Well done Kerry made a game of it again and they will be a force in the next few years, some serious footballers with natural class.
    Hate to say but we’ll done Dublin they deserve it but hopefully it’s there last... the difference is they know how to control a game / win a game.
    Connelly should never be back in that panel and contributed nothing today, I think the pass was overrated and intended for the player running toward it and not Kilkenny I think who it was that ran onto it.

Can't bate a bitta Luke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

meath4sam wrote: »
    Well done Kerry made a game of it again and they will be a force in the next few years, some serious footballers with natural class.
    Hate to say but we’ll done Dublin they deserve it but hopefully it’s there last... the difference is they know how to control a game / win a game.
    Connelly should never be back in that panel and contributed nothing today, I think the pass was overrated and intended for the player running toward it and not Kilkenny I think who it was that ran onto it.

Contributed nothing?
    Hit 3 key passes.
    And I don't even like the man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It has that feeling. An absolute gentleman, sportsman and credit to his family, friends and county as well as the sport.

100%. An all round class act.

No but there is no need to give them extra funding over others since you have the advantage already.

Absolutely the distribution of funding needs to be looked at but that won't really help too much with the issue of players having to travel long distances for training.

If Dublin lost this big montage on RTE would have gone to waste.
    Hopefully they'd have had a Kerry montage with Luke singing

"They say that the lakes of Killarney are fair, no stream like the Liffey could ever compare".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Does winning the most AIs mean you're the best team in history? I suppose it does, as a historical FACT. That's Kerry. But this fact will be argued I suppose - generally in the manner wins are achieved, and it's all about successive wins that's more eye-catching, which is now Dublin. Winning 5 in a row is remarkable. Dublin successes really only started in earnest in the 10s. Dublin folk think the football history books only started then. This is not true :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Drumpot wrote: »
    Cluxton looks like he could be giving his last wave to the dubs.

That's what it felt like.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Documentary on Joe Sheridan's try in Croke Park on now, Dublin not winning Leinster at a canter and Tony Davis on the panel, 2010 seems like a different world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Vita nova wrote: »
    Genuine congratulations to Dublin but referring to teams from outside Dublin as "culchies" makes you sound like awfully narrow-minded prejudiced Dubliners.

But people from outside Dublin are ?

I think that's an awfully soft thing to be getting worked up about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Does winning the most AIs mean you're the best team in history? I suppose it does, as a historical FACT. That's Kerry. But this fact will be argued I suppose - generally in the manner wins are achieved, and it's all about successive wins that's more eye-catching, which is now Dublin. Winning 5 in a row is remarkable. Dublin successes really only started in earnest in the 10s. Dublin folk think the football history books only started then. This is not true :)

Think you might be mistaking team for county there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

taxi can use bus lanes, dont see many buses stuck in traffic.
    You should try travel from the North side of the city to the south side and vice versa in rush out traffic - it's nearly quicker walking then getting the bus or taxi with the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

Congratulations to Dublin. Not easy to watch as a Meath man , but fair is fair. I never thought I would never see a team win 3 in a row.I thought 4 in a row was impossible. And 5 in a row was something mythical that was unachievable. So to see a team win 5 in a row Dublin have achieved true greatness. This Dublin team have achieved something we will never see again and have now joined the truly great teams in Irish sport along with Irish Italia 90 soccer team and grand Slam winning rugby teams. Hell of an achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The Anti Dublin brigade on here think it started in the early 10s as well, the fact the likes of Cluxton for instance had 10 years of championship losses before winning An All Ireland - he could have packed it in and said it wasn't worth the time and commitment - but he didn't - he kept on turning up, and now is reaping the rewards.

When these guys were all growing up and playing for their clubs - where they getting all this money that folk on here are talking about?

Mayo should have won at least 1 All Ireland in last 5 years, as should Kerry 2 weeks ago. It's not Dublin's fault they didn't.

One other point about all this money - It's not helping the Dublin Hurlers much is it? why is that?

Don’t feed the you know what’s.. tr**ls

Enjoy the day, enjoy the envy, enjoy the bitterness, enjoy FIVE, LETS GO SIX..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

After All my giving out I suppose I better say
    The dubs ARENT bet.
    Huge congratulations to Dublin.they kicked on and finished strong.
    Kerry will be dissapointed with all the wides in both games but that’s sport.
    I wish the dubs and all the supporters safe celebrations.enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

risteard7 wrote: »
    The Man City of the GAA

Man City lost today to a side in green and yellow. Quite unlike Dublin, who you may have heard won

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Congrats to Dublin. Incredible achievement in the modern era, in any era. They are without doubt the best team of all time. Best team came out on top today. Kerry will have glory days too the way they are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just watching this back and it's shocking just how one sided Lane was. Not that Kerry were dirty or cynical. He made it very clear that holding and arm dragging was fine for one team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭forumdedum

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Man City lost today to a side in green and yellow. Quite unlike Dublin, who you may have heard won

Similarly Ottamende gifted the winning goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Don’t feed the you know what’s.. tr**ls

Enjoy the day, enjoy the envy, enjoy the bitterness, enjoy FIVE, LETS GO SIX..

Hopefully the refereeing will be better for you next year.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

Documentary on Joe Sheridan's try in Croke Park on now, Dublin not winning Leinster at a canter and Tony Davis on the panel, 2010 seems like a different world.

Sad to say you'll never see days like that again. Poor Louth were robbed of their final chance at a Leinster medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The greatest team ever. The heart and determination and togetherness unmatched, an unbelievable collection of coaches and players. So many of them deserve to glory in their impending retirement undefeated. Champions like no other

Advertisement