Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replay: All Ireland SFC Final Dublin v Kerry Saturday 14/09/2019 @ 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Lane is blind...missing blatant stuff from both teams.

A goal by either side might be the separation here. Great stuff again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Referee doing a fantastic job keeping Kerry in it. Absolutely terrible stuff. Letting Kerry away with everything, including cute stuff off the ball. He might just swing it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Should Con be gone? Possibly.

Cracking game so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I haven't seen so many forwards all playing as well at the same time. Geaney, Cifford, Con, Mannion and Kilkenny all kicking great points. That last Geaney score was one of the best I have ever seen in a final.

What a ridiculously entertaining game so far. If Jack is injured, ball is in Kerry's court.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Going by RTEs commentary Dublin have played the best football ever,and are 6755 points ahead

Totally biased... licking the arse of the Dublin team

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Kerry truly arent scared of this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Now will Kerry hold them at the restart, or Dubs go on a spree as is their habit...

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Just watched he Clifford one. His arm is out as normal and Dublin player ducks his head down into it. Nothing in that at all to say it's a foul

Ref probably should've stopped it for a head injury though, but that's not an deliberate elbow/forearm smash. He was clearly trying to protect the ball and an off balance player ducked into it. Sort of thing happens all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Will they replay the sneaky elbow from Clifford

He caught him alright but don't think there was any malice it it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd agree, but you said Kerry's penalty last time wasn't a foul so....

I call it as I see it, all I want is a fair game, played in the right spirit with an abundance of skill and good play. From ALL concerned. This referee has not acquitted himself well and has been the only black mark on an otherwise enthralling game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well I missed the first twenty minutes of the game but the bit of the first half I have seen it seems it's a good game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Should Con be gone? Possibly.

Cracking game so far.

I thought he was the man who fouled the Kerry forward for the 21 yard free. Not Fitzsimons

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Apart from the penalty decision, the ref hasn't been that bad, very enjoyable half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭alswearengen

Going by RTEs commentary Dublin have played the best football ever,and are 6755 points ahead

MaStay sounds annoyed when Kerry score, he has to pretend to be excited about it, throws in a few insincere "excellent"s to try cover it up.

Get a half decent jockey up on Geaney and there's a good Gold Cup or two in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

If none of you lot outside of Dublin can see this ref being completely against Dublin then you need to cop onto yourselves. That ref is completely against the dubs. Kerry players literally upending the dubs and nothing.
    The dubs sneeze and he blows for a free against us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Great first half, the game as it should be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

sk9 wrote: »
    Lads dropping balls short at this level is a joke, the goal two weeks ago came from that yet we've done it three times so far.

Mick Fitz very lucky to still be on the pitch, a black card in my book, should have accepted the booking with more grace rather than going to the umpires. I've never seen a ref change his mind.

Foul on Con far worse than the one given as a penalty two weeks ago, still think Lane is a better ref than Gough though.

Good game so far, up the Dubs

What should Mick Fitz have got black for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Canning is a disgrace and McStay is worse.... btw what the fcuk is McStay bringing out an autobiography for??

• Advertisement

Seadin wrote: »
    This ref is shocking. He has given everything to kerry.

Your clearly a dub...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sk9

Strumms wrote: »
    I call it as I see it, all I want is a fair game, played in the right spirit with an abundance of skill and good play. From ALL concerned. This referee has not acquitted himself well and has been the only black mark on an otherwise enthralling game.

Having a better game than Gough two weeks ago, not throwing around the yellows like confetti

Kerry truly arent scared of this team.

Sure someone was saying to me that the drawn game would stand to Kerry as some of the young players looked nervous the last day. The occasion shouldn't be too big to the kerry team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ciaran Whelan's suit ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lads dropping balls short at this level is a joke, the goal two weeks ago came from that yet we've done it three times so far.

Mick Fitz very lucky to still be on the pitch, a black card in my book, should have accepted the booking with more grace rather than going to the umpires. I've never seen a ref change his mind.

Foul on Con far worse than the one given as a penalty two weeks ago, still think Lane is a better ref than Gough though.

Good game so far, up the Dubs
    Was Con that should have had the black card, his was the pull down. Con has been very good though.

Unreal whinging by the Dublin crowd about the referee, led by 'the unflappable ™️ Jim who appears to be spending all his time whinging to the linesman. These lads don't like being challenged it seems.
    Good contest. Didn't think there was enough personally in the penalty incident, but would have been hard to argue with it of it was given

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Weepsie wrote:
    Just watched he Clifford one. His arm is out as normal and Dublin player ducks his head down into it. Nothing in that at all to say it's a foul

Ah I dunno it certainly looked dirty in real time to me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Oonagh123

I like Rochford on the Sunday game. Its intersting having a former manager give real insight.

Im glad Brolly is gone.

Is he gone for good or just the final? Will he be back next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

LillySV wrote: »
    Your clearly a dub... dubs are out acting like complete thugs like usual and getting away with murder....

See this stuff is weird to me. To an untrained eye both teams are doing the exact same thing to each other in that both teams are beating each other black and blue but only some of them are being called as fouls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Having a better game than Gough two weeks ago, not throwing around the yellows like confetti

Gough was better imo. Pulled up off the ball dragging etc and that’s rarely done.

If none of you lot outside of Dublin can see this ref being completely against Dublin then you need to cop onto yourselves. That ref is completely against the dubs. Kerry players literally upending the dubs and nothing.

No he is letting the dubs away with murder... .. more so than kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

lawred2 wrote: »
    100%

Can't just enjoy the fcking game

Cracking first half

Agreed but I suppose when one has a vested interested every decision takes on a life of it's own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Ah lads leave the ref out of it... tis a cracking game... the scores being got are just unbelievable....

Con callaghan lucky to not get a black card and unlucky not to get a penalty... when u look at it that way.. the calls prob even themselves up

Wouldn’t be hard in fairness Gough was an abomination of an official.

This fella has me worried though just have the feeling he is ready to drop a changer and butt fûck the Dubs again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Kerry went with long ball for the first 10 minutes and it didn’t work, if they didn’t they could be 3 points up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Go asleep will ya

I see have a new regular in the making here.

Your clearly a dub... dubs are out acting like complete thugs like usual and getting away with murder....

What bloody game are you watching ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Nobody ever talks about anything other than the ref in gaa anymore. Doesn't make any difference whether they are doing a good job, these threads are just a never ending whingefest about refereeing. Opinions on the match are rare as hens teeth.

Personally I think it's been good football, Kerry too a while to get into the game but once they stopped the long ball and ran at the defenders they've gotten into it. Both teams looking dangerous on the attack actually.

Kevin should have McStayed at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Complete nonsense post

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Is every ref against Dublin then? Both teams are getting away with stuff. That you can't see that is your problem. He's waving play on a lot. It's actually a bit like an old match in which people could actually tackle a bit harder and forwards earned their scores

• Advertisement

They literally just bypassed that elbow there

Whoever told Ciaran Whelan that suit looked good on him wasn't a friend.

Ah lads leave the ref out of it... tis a cracking game... the scores being got are just unbelievable....

Con callaghan lucky to not get a black card and unlucky not to get a penalty... when u look at it that way.. the calls prob even themselves up

I’d rather the 3 points and being ‘forced’ into a substitution. Not very even if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Kerry definitely have the defensive platform to win this

They literally just bypassed that elbow there

What elbow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

It's brilliant having Sky Sports, pays for itself when the alternative is RTE for games like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Rochy is a good pundit.
    No drama out of him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's an enthralling game though. Two unreal teams.

Thank fracking God I've no real skin in the game and can just enjoy it :D

Complete nonsense post

It was an accurate reflection of his performance, your reply is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Away with you, and your balanced commentary

Advertisement