Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Dinner Under €40

Options
  • 05-09-2019 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi all

I am looking to book a Christmas dinner for roughly 35 staff in Dublin for December. But I need to keep the price (including service charge) under €40 per head for the food. Has anybody got any suggestions? It's becoming increasingly difficult each year to find something around this price.

Much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

That’ll be tough, have you tried le bon crubeen?

You'd be better off putting it back until January, if at all possible. Much better choice, range and value when people are, generally, back in the gym and/or broke.

€40 for a Christmas dinner is pushing it, unless you seriously lower your expectations. If you have to go down that route, I'd try one of the city centre hotels....the North Star have recently renovated and do really nice food.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Thanks for the replies guys. I will need to ask people to up their budget or be flexible on dates I think. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Go for a lunch instead of a dinner. Usually a few euro cheaper per head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would keep looking. There is a *lot* of new restaurant capacity coming on-stream in Dublin. As long as you don't want a 'prime' night, you might very well find something for €1400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is it a Christmas dinner (Turkey & Ham, etc) you're after or just a three course meal at Christmas time? Would imagine the latter should be possible for €40 a head, the former less so as restaurants jack up their prices for 'special' menus.

Id say maybe check out the Bank on College Green, they have an upstairs section that would seat around 35 so you'd have it to yourselves.

Price wise if it doesnt have to be in the city centre you might find better value in hotels in the suburbs like Swords, Blanch, Leopardstown, etc. Might be an issue for some people but if not then a venue on a Luas line could work well.

BTW OP great username :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

A pub that does a carvery and is willing to reserve a section for you maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

Thanks guys. Think I might actually have somewhere. If you (or somebody you know) are looking to book something in Dec, start looking! Places are starting to fill up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Wow Burger

Advertisement