Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about Disability Allowance Forms

• 06-09-2019 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,

I'm applying for disability allowance for my neurological condition after a hopeless summer trying to find a job but I'm having difficulty filling out the form and was looking for some help.

1) Does the form have to be sent in two different envelops the first part of the form by me and the second by my doctor or can I send all of it together.

2) Can I request to stay in the room with my doctor while he's filling out the form, I have a very complicated condition and he's a new doctor I've never visited before and am scared he won't take it seriously.

Sorry if this isn't the right place but I'm very desperate for help, it feels like that make this process very difficult on purpose to deter but I could really use the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JenD87

Cefricitho wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm applying for disability allowance for my neurological condition after a hopeless summer trying to find a job but I'm having difficulty filling out the form and was looking for some help.

1) Does the form have to be sent in two different envelops the first part of the form by me and the second by my doctor or can I send all of it together.

2) Can I request to stay in the room with my doctor while he's filling out the form, I have a very complicated condition and he's a new doctor I've never visited before and am scared he won't take it seriously.

Sorry if this isn't the right place but I'm very desperate for help, it feels like that make this process very difficult on purpose to deter but I could really use the help.

I sent it all together when I was applying for invalidity pension. I also had a consultant letter with it. Go have a chat with your doc and bring him an up to date consultant letter.
    I cant see why you wouldnt be able to be sitting with the doc while they fill it out but that depends on what they think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

My GP filled it in with me there, I seem to remember there are rating scales about how your illness affects different areas of your life, we discussed together the appropriate rating. I mostly deal with my consultant rather than the GP so he wouldn't have been overly familiar with my condition, he mostly took my word for it. Obviously he would have had correspondence from my consultant also to refer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JenD87

My GP filled it in with me there, I seem to remember there are rating scales about how your illness affects different areas of your life, we discussed together the appropriate rating. I mostly deal with my consultant rather than the GP so he wouldn't have been overly familiar with my condition, he mostly took my word for it. Obviously he would have had correspondence from my consultant also to refer to.
    It took 15 weeks for my application to be processed. Then another month for the first payment. Waiting times for those 2 schemes are quite long. But if you are approved you will have any money backdated from your date of application

Advertisement