Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Trolleys in Hospital

Options
  • 06-09-2019 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

One thing that I have heard mention of - What is the Fire & Safety position in view of the number of people in Hospital corridors on Trolleys.
    From clips that I have seen on TV, surely there is no way such a situation would pass Fire & Safety Regulations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Twickers wrote: »
    One thing that I have heard mention of - What is the Fire & Safety position in view of the number of people in Hospital corridors on Trolleys.
    From clips that I have seen on TV, surely there is no way such a situation would pass Fire & Safety Regulations

We only worry about health and safety when it comes to stuff like tourists falling over sandwich boards and things like that.
    The government really couldn’t care any less about sick people in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Sick" people on trolleys hold up the fire so the doctors have time to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

It'll be the next Stardust :

5nWMpRg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How many of those people need to be in Hospital?

Having seen a hospitals fire program I am fairly sure it would be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Reppohc

dreamers75 wrote: »

Is that the story we are not being told?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

gctest50 wrote: »
    It'll be the next Stardust :

5nWMpRg.jpg

Yeah that Pic is BS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's not realistic. Half of those people would be on chairs because they've run out of trolleys.

Used to be called "winter pressures", it's been all year round now, good luck when winter actually arrives.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It's not realistic. Half of those people would be on chairs because they've run out of trolleys.

Used to be called "winter pressures", it's been all year round now, good luck when winter actually arrives.

Have a look at the "Rate your Hospital" site to endorse your ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

lola85 wrote: »
    Yeah that Pic is BS

Off to the burns ward with ya. lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

splinter65 wrote: »
    We only worry about health and safety when it comes to stuff like tourists falling over sandwich boards and things like that.
    The government really couldn’t care any less about sick people in hospital.

The dreaded government is paying for the sick people’s treatment.

Fact is we need investment in the health service if we’re going to improve the health service. Who wants to suggest how much more tax they personally would like to pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

dreamers75 wrote: »

I doubt these patients would have the training to diagnose themselves.
    The dreaded government is paying for the sick people’s treatment.

Fact is we need investment in the health service if we’re going to improve the health service. Who wants to suggest how much more tax they personally would like to pay?

The aul' 'we've not got the money' line. We can always get the money. We got it for Reilly's clinics, Irish Water, Sweet deal for Denis and the Children's hospital, all money spinners and jobs for 'our own' mind. There's no private profit in tackling this in a meaningful way so it's let fester.
    FYI: we are paying not this government. It's our money from our pockets. Also in 2011 Kenny promised to end the scandal of hospital trolleys, but just something you say to get elected I guess.

The aul' 'we've not got the money' line. We can always get the money. We got it for Reilly's clinics, Irish Water, Sweet deal for Denis and the Children's hospital, all money spinners and jobs for 'our own' mind. There's no private profit in tackling this in a meaningful way so it's let fester.
    FYI: we are paying not this government. It's our money from our pockets. Also in 2011 Kenny promised to end the scandal of hospital trolleys, but just something you say to get elected I guess.

Yeah, they haven’t got the money to meet demand and offer the service at the generally high level they do.

Maybe we should reduce demand by limiting services offered, or limit access, or cut people off from the service. Or we could increase funding to meet demand. Or change nothing and accept the current problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yeah, they haven’t got the money to meet demand and offer the service at the generally high level they do.

Maybe we should reduce demand by limiting services offered, or limit access, or cut people off from the service. Or we could increase funding to meet demand. Or change nothing and accept the current problems.

I would suggest managing our money better. Yes the HSE needs work but it's a cyclical argument for doing nothing. They all claim a willingness to tackle it and yet things remain the same.

I would suggest managing our money better. Yes the HSE needs work but it's a cyclical argument for doing nothing. They all claim a willingness to tackle it and yet things remain the same.

Sure manage money better. And if building capacity for the people on trolleys results from that, then grand. I’d suggest it probably won’t and we’ll still need to invest in the things we actually want

Advertisement