Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut verifying issue

• 06-09-2019 7:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

So I'm new to revolut and I've been trying to verify my identity, only issue is the only ID I have is my cards age card, does revolut accept this or am I now stuck with an account I cant use because it wont verify my age card as ID

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

So I'm new to revolut and I've been trying to verify my identity, only issue is the only ID I have is my cards age card, does revolut accept this or am I now stuck with an account I cant use because it wont verify my age card as ID

do you not have a passport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Big Bad Wolf

Yep. You'll need way more than an age card. They'll require two proper forms of id. Driving licence, passport type info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You know you're opening a bank account, not trying to get into a disco?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chickennuget

gwalk wrote: »
    do you not have a passport?

Unfortunately not, havent needed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 chickennuget

antix80 wrote: »
    You know you're opening a bank account, not trying to get into a disco?

Thank you for the comment I was purely wondering what ID they accept as we have many forms of government ID with an age card being one of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Thank you for the comment I was purely wondering what ID they accept as we have many forms of government ID with an age card being one of them

"The National Age Card is not an identity card. The card is solely for proving the holder is aged 18 or over and should not be obtained or used for any other purpose. This voluntary National Age Card scheme is provided for in the Intoxicating Liquor Act 1988 (Age Card) Regulations 2007."

its pretty much only useful for buying a pint

you would have been better being an adult and gettig a passport instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

"The Intoxicating Liquor Act 1988 (Age Card) Regulations 2010 provide for a voluntary Age Card scheme. Age Cards can be obtained by individuals aged 18 and over to show that they have reached the legal age for purchasing alcohol.
    An Age Card is a “proof of age card” and not an “Identity Card”. The Age Card is solely for the purpose stated above and should not be obtained or used for any other purpose."

Advertisement