Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Mugabe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I called him a brutal dictator.

You people don't even know what you're reading any more.

Moronic to an incredible level.

Reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Shur about a million trollish comments by you could get reported.

And your buddy drunkmonkey is the one praising him. How come you don't have a problem with that?

Zero thought whatsoever.

And your buddy drunkmonkey is the one praising him. How come you don't have a problem with that?

Zero thought whatsoever.

Personal abuse. Did Drunkmoney engage in personal abuse?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Zero thought whatsoever.

These are what you would call "Satirical comments" Raco

Chill out, it's friday. Treat yoourself, go get yourself a blow dry or your nails done

Chill out, it's friday. Treat yoourself, go get yourself a blow dry or your nails done

Or splash out on a nice new handbag.

• Advertisement

Personal abuse. Did Drunkmoney engage in personal abuse?
    There's actually no personal abuse - I attacked the post not the poster

It's hilarious though - you crowd have really shown yourselves up for what you are. Even if someone agrees with you that Mugabe was a brute, they just have to say one thing you don't like and they're suddenly to the left and woke. :D

If someone says Mugabe is great though, no criticism of them or calling them left-wing - because they used the word "wokey".

Awesome. :D

(Also, Harry didn't say a thing about supporting Mugabe. Read stuff).

I actually am getting my hair done tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it.

Nah drunkmonkey is full of sh1t though - not being satirical. Neither is that sonny yoke. As ever.

There's actually no personal abuse - I attacked the post not the poster

It's hilarious though - you crowd have really shown yourselves up for what you are. Even if someone agrees with you that Mugabe was a brute, they just have to say one thing you don't like and they're suddenly to the left and woke. :D

If someone says Mugabe is great though, no criticism of them or calling them left-wing - because they used the word "wokey".

Awesome. :D

(Also, Harry didn't say a thing about supporting Mugabe. Read stuff).

Is that you, Grace?

Is that you, Grace?
    Why would Grace be critical of Mugabe as I have been? Read stuff.

Why aren't you asking drunkmonkey if he's Grace? He's the one who says he loved auld Rob, and is "gonna miss him" (lol).

Or splash out on a nice new handbag.
    I'd love one but I've too many. :(

• Advertisement

Why would Grace be critical of Mugabe as I have been? Read stuff.

Why aren't you asking drunkmonkey if he's Grace? He's the one who says he loved auld Rob, and is "gonna miss him" (lol).

Chillax there Grace.

One less brutal dictator in the world. Marvellous news.

One less brutal dictator in the world. Marvellous news.
    Just a heads up: if you say something that's perceived as "woke", you'll be considered a fan of Mugabe despite what you said above. That's how it works 'round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

I will not be sending a mass card for that article :rolleyes:

Just a heads up: if you say something that's perceived as "woke", you'll be considered a fan of Mugabe despite what you said above. That's how it works 'round here.

My statement is not ambiguous. May he roast in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Hope I don't get banned for this but.,,, I mean this guy was a real jerk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Think it's past your bed time your starting to confuse dreams and relaity.

Think it's past your bed time your starting to confuse dreams and relaity.
    That would be you and sonny bub. I'm not the one calling people woke and left-wing with no basis, or saying someone posted the opposite to what they posted.

But anyway, Robert Mugabe - brutal dictator, no loss. Weird of anyone to praise him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Hope I don't get banned for this but.,,, I mean this guy was a real jerk

***************MOD NOTE***************

BANNED FOR USING THE WORD "JERK"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

***************MOD NOTE***************

BANNED FOR USING THE WORD "JERK"

nnnoooooo.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That would be you and sonny bub. I'm not the one calling people woke and left-wing with no basis, or saying someone posted the opposite to what they posted.

But anyway, Robert Mugabe - brutal dictator, no loss. Weird of anyone to praise him.

Cop your self on, you went off on a mad one because of a bit of humour. Your only here a few weeks (you'd never think it) and your already calling out posters like you know them for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

antix80 wrote: »
    RIP Robert Mugabe. He made even the poorest black Zimbabweans landowners and billionaires. He probably did more for his country than Nelson and Winnie did for South Africa.

I was a fan before he got all murdery and tyrannical.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,093 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Duzzie wrote: »
    20 years too late

What a dreadful, completely wrong thing to say.

50 years too late

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The greatest Leader Fianna Fail never had...

Mugabe+taoiseach.bmp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The greatest Leader Fianna Fail never had...

Mugabe+taoiseach.bmp

Have some decency, the man is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

And now's he's playing Tennis with Hitler and Margaret Thatcher.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

antix80 wrote: »
    RIP Robert Mugabe. He made even the poorest black Zimbabweans landowners and billionaires. He probably did more for his country than Nelson and Winnie did for South Africa.

I hope this is a p*sstake because otherwise it is someone that is either deluded or was one of his stooges or cronies.
    He inherited a country that could have gone somewhere and he wrecked for his own ends.

He only made some of his Zanu supporters landowners ya muppet.
    Oh and some were already rich suporters and cronies.

Oh and not all of his cronies and supporters were black.
    Why not look up the likes of Nicholas van Hoogstraten or Billy Rautenbach .
    Mugabe and his cronies ended up with millions of acres.

Duzzie wrote: »
    20 years too late

Add another couple of decades to that.

His murderous ways started way back in 1982/1983 when he started slaughtering innocent Ndebele civilians (men, women and children) in the
    Matabeleland because they were supporters of Zapu rather than his Zanu.
    He was in power only few years and his North Korean trained soldiers slaughtered up to 20,000 in the "Gukurahundi"series of massacres.

Oh and the West did fook all.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

hopefully white people kick him out of his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What a dreadful, completely wrong thing to say.

50 years too late

Come on, its 95. Im sure he was a sh*t in pre-school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Duzzie

jmayo wrote: »
    Add another couple of decades to that.

His murderous ways started way back in 1982/1983 when he started slaughtering innocent Ndebele civilians (men, women and children) in the
    Matabeleland because they were supporters of Zapu rather than his Zanu.
    He was in power only few years and his North Korean trained soldiers slaughtered up to 20,000 in the "Gukurahundi"series of massacres.

Oh and the West did fook all.

You are correct, although he started even earlier than the early 80's. He allegedly murdered, or had murdered, his rival to the leadership of Zanu, Josiah Tongogara in the buildup to the Lancaster House Conference that resulted in Zimbabwean Independence. Tongogora was more moderate than Mugabe and looked set to become the leader of Zanu before he was killed in a car "accident". Car accidents became an all too common cause of death for Mugabe's political opponents in the early years.

I was there in Matabeleland during the mid 80's and remember it well. I remember waking up in the morning to the sound of gunfire and mortar shells. However, he did appear to have good intent in his early days, Gukurhundi aside. The economy was relatively stable, people were getting over a brutal and divisive war and the general standard of living was good in comparison to neighboring countries. The shops were well stocked which made a big difference to the rationing and shortages that we endured pre-independence.

It wasn't until he lost the 2000 referendum to the MDC, who were supported and funded by commercial farmers, that he started targeting commercial farming, resulting in the collapse of the economy and any sense of normality. That is the reason for my reference to 20 years. It wasnt until 2000 that he showed his true nature and turned into a fully fledged dictator, completely destroying the country to line his own pockets and those of his political cronies.

Indeed the west did nothing. Quite the contrary, they cozied up to him.

Advertisement