Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wall vent vs trickle vent

• 06-09-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi looking for advise on the above.
    There are vents in some rooms but not all in our house and we suffer from condensation on windows in the winter.
    Specifically the bedrooms would be the worst and of course these have no vents.

Now the windows are single glazed which we will be looking to replace in the coming months. My question is when we install should we look for trickle vents in them and would that suffice or should we look at getting wall vents installed instead.

Just wondering will the trickle vents do the same job as a wall vent?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Id get new windows and core out permanent vents in the wall. Very easy job to do.
    I wouldn't pick trickle vents if I had the choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Thanks kceire, that's the way I am swinging to be honest, im not convinced that the trickle vents would be as good as traditional wall vents.

Advertisement