Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban.

• 06-09-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭

Received a permanent ban from feedback forum for as far as I can see simply disagreeing with the concensus. This apparently is trolling.

Any kind of a ban for a genuine opinion is frankly bizzare,never mind a permanent one.
    I would be grateful if someone could cast an eye on this.

Thanks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111091755&postcount=25

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Feedback is a bit of an outlier on this site in terms of moderation as you well know.

It is the only forum solely moderated by Admins and also the only forum all Admins actively moderate.

I'm just wondering to whom you are appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Feedback is a bit of an outlier on this site in terms of moderation as you well know.

It is the only forum solely moderated by Admins and also the only forum all Admins actively moderate.

I'm just wondering to whom you are appealing.

Not a clue. Was banned by Beasty
    Presumably I don't appeal to the same person that banned me?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I am just unsure sanctions in the forum, which are all carried out by either admins or employees of the site, are amenable to the DRP.

I would like to give you a fair shake on this though.

Have you someone in mind you would like to review this sanction?

I am just unsure sanctions in the forum, which are all carried out by either admins or employees of the site, are amenable to the DRP.

I would like to give you a fair shake on this though.

Have you someone in mind you would like to review this sanction?

Not fussy tbh.

Well, is it safe to say that because you do not want this looked at by the admin who banned you that you also would not want it reviewed by anyone who acquiesced to the ban either?

• Advertisement

Well, is it safe to say that because you do not want this looked at by the admin who banned you that you also would not want it reviewed by anyone who acquiesced to the ban either?

Indeed.

No idea it was so convoluted. Sorry for the hassle.

I can check if there's anyone on the current admin list who was not involved in the decision to permanently ban you from the forum if you wish?

I can check if there's anyone on the current admin list who was not involved in the decision to permanently ban you from the forum if you wish?

Sounds good.

Bear with us.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

kneemos wrote: »
    Not a clue. Was banned by Beasty
    Presumably I don't appeal to the same person that banned me?

Just to clarify - it was mike_ie who banned you from Feedback, and the first step of the dispute process is to try and resolve it directly with the banning mod (or in this case Admin)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

kneemos

Can you confirm if you have attempted to resolve this via PM with mike_ie?

Thanks

kneemos. Rather than closing this, I will ask again if you have contacted mike_ie. The particular reason I ask if mike has not been online for a few weeks, and if you have I would want to give you the opportunity to update here. If you have tried but he has failed to get back to you I will pick this up

Advertisement