Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business laptop and best security software

Options
  • 06-09-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

In the market for a few business laptops. I am leaning towards Lenovo T490.

Needs to be decent specs, portable, have docking station for use at home etc and going on previous experience I think this suits the bill.

If anyone has any inputs into why I should choose something else please let me know

I need to get decent business grade security software so looking for recommendations. Will be using O365 for most day to day tasks but something that doesn't need a lot of attention and is lightweight would be perfect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭kirving

My company use a mix of Lenovo X, T, and P models

I have and X280 myself and I'm extremely happy with it, but was very close to asking for a T480 at the time because of the bigger screen.

The best part I find about the X280 is that it's almost the same dimensions as an A4 diary so great for walking around with the two of them in one hand.

In terms of security, the SSD is encrypted, and after that password, we have to insert our ID badge into the laptop and use another PIN to access Windows. I guess that's all supported out of the box in terms of hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So we have gone with the ThinkPad X390 Yoga.
    Portability and robustness are important and from reviews the X390 seems like a great little workhorse but yet also very advanced and feature packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

we use the Dell XPS 15 at my job, im due the latest next month. It packs a punch, and if im honest because it is a business machine, with a decent lifespan, im not worried about the price. The portability and battery life are exceptional too.

I recommend you take a look, before deciding.

Re: security, the avast business pro suite seems to be getting a few plaudits. I have used avast home product, and not been unhappy, so check this out to see if it sounds like a good fit.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/best-endpoint-security-software

Advertisement