Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give a lift/Take a lift - D15 to Airport

Options
  • 06-09-2019 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Give a lift/Take a lift - D15 to Airport
    If you live in Dublin 15, you know that there's no direct bus service to the airport. A few of us are starting a small group to offer each other lifts.

PM if you're interested. It operates on a quid pro quo good will trust basis - with no money changing hands.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think it is a great goodwill gesture in principle but I wonder how it would work out in practice?

How does that work if you need to be at the airport at 4:30am for a 6am flight or your delayed flight only arrives in at 1am? Will there always be someone available to pick up/drop off at such unsociable hours? What if I fly 20 times a year and you only fly twice a year? Just wondering how it all balances out...

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

ongarboy wrote: »
    Just wondering how it all balances out...
    It works really well but it's all about good will. And generally you need to approach it with the "Give a Lift" bit first. Then others will be happy to give you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i travel quite a bit so folks can jump in a taxi with me. work pay for it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

traveling monday 28th 5 am and Monday the 4th 5 am possibly 5.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Ok we've finally got around to setting up a WhatsApp group to allow people living in Dublin 15 to give and take lifts to and from the Airport. PM if you're interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement