Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

English Women's Super League, every game free to watch.

• 07-09-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭

Niche, of interest to probably very few/none here, but every game of the new season of Women's football in England is free to stream. Sign up to the English FA streaming service here:

https://faplayer.thefa.com/home/womens-super-league

Works outside of the UK.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brilliant offer it must be said. Not going to pass up the offer of free football so I've signed up.

Watching the Manchester derby atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tumbleweed blows through the thread.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Hey, free football is better than nothing.

United close to taking the lead after a nice move. City keeper Roebuck saved well. Was expecting United to struggle in this but they're doing well.

fltIcce.png

I guess I am supporting Utd today

• Advertisement

City take the lead with a nice hit from Weir.

Weir has looked good.

Groenen almost equalises but hits the post. :(

Full-Time: It ends 1-0 to City. Deserved win for them, though United's performance pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

This thread should be in Bargain Alerts !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

This thread should be in Bargain Alerts !!!!!

:pac:

hard-stare-e1546621527190.jpg

• Advertisement

Seem to be a few of the Ireland women's squad in action today. Niamh Fahey for Liverpool taking on Reading, who have Grace Moloney as their keeper.

Ireland captain Katie McCabe in the Arsenal side that take on West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Hey, free football is better than nothing.

What is rare is wonderful

Cracking goal in the Chelsea/Spurs game from Bethany England:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1170664858423050241

There was also a nice free-kick from Reading's Fara Williams against Liverpool:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1170695031465943042

I'm impressed that all of the matches on the FA Player have commentary. Makes it much easier to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The BBC also showing games on the Red Button.

Watched the highlights show and there was a sensational goal from Everton's Chloe Kelly.

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1173211668328910850

That was her second of the game. The first wasn't bad either...

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1173210621598453760

Elsewhere Ireland's Niamh Fahey was sent off for Liverpool as they lost 1-0 against Spurs.

Good win for Chelsea, good game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

fltIcce.png

I guess I am supporting Utd today

Who is this angel? :)

Who is this angel? :)

Jackie Groenen. She played well today for United based on the highlights I saw; United beat Spurs 3-0.

Was funny because the color commentator gave United's Lauren James the POTM award and literally within seconds she picked up a second yellow and got sent off. Don't think I've seen that happen before.

Big win for Arsenal as they inflict City's first league defeat of the season. First time City have conceded a goal as well. Miedema with the finish. Arsenal now top of the table on goal difference. Katie McCabe did well.

Just watching the highlights and Chelsea's Ji So-yun scored a cracker:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1188498031165005826

Good attendances at the games today. Over 38,000 watched Arsenal beat Spurs 2-0, which is the new record. Ireland captain Katie McCabe hit the post for Arsenal in the game. 23,500 were at Anfield for the Merseyside Derby which Everton won by a goal.

According to The Guardian 107,000 attended 110 fixtures in the league last season, whereas this weekend alone saw circa 75,000. Wonder is it the World Cup effect that's responsible for the growth in interest?

Nice strike here from Brighton's Le Garrec in their win over Birmingham:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1196079998257565698

• Advertisement

Over four and a half thousand at Chelsea women's home ground too, which is a record.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I am not a huge fan of how often the crowd is being recorded more than the details of the games.

Does anyone know anything about last week's England v Germany game except the attendance? The games are secondary to how many were there.

The Czech game was Pearce-free too which improved the game tenfold.

Watched the higlights show and some nice goals today. Love the ball control for this Chelsea goal from Bethany England:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1198659293555200000

The league table looks interesting. Chelsea top on 19 points, City and Arsenal just behind on 18 points.

Some result for Arsenal beating Bristol City 11-1, the biggest victory in the league's history. Vivianne Miedema with 6 goals and 4 assists.

The battle between Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea is looking tough to call. Chelsea vs Man City next Sunday should be a good game.

Sam Kerr joins up with the Chelsea squad next month which you'd presume will strengthen them further. Their game today was called off for a frozen pitch.

Good win for Chelsea over City having been 2-1 down. Managed to catch the second half and it was a good contest. The City goal from Weir was nice. Ji had a good game for Chelsea and City gave her way too much space at times.

Chelsea gone back top and have a game in hand over their rivals.

Good win for Chelsea over City having been 2-1 down. Managed to catch the second half and it was a good contest. The City goal from Weir was nice. Ji had a good game for Chelsea and City gave her way too much space at times.

Chelsea gone back top and have a game in hand over their rivals.

Yeah, Chelsea were one nil down, against the run of play, but couple of very quick goals gave them the deserved (imo) win. Hoping Arsenal lose now, which is unlikely.

Last action of 2019 sees Arsenal go into the new year on top by 3 points. Was very surprised Chelsea were held by Liverpool given the form of the two. Listened to Emma Hayes after the game and she was pretty scathing about the pitch, but sounded like a poor excuse to me.

Last action of 2019 sees Arsenal go into the new year on top by 3 points. Was very surprised Chelsea were held by Liverpool given the form of the two. Listened to Emma Hayes after the game and she was pretty scathing about the pitch, but sounded like a poor excuse to me.

Pitch was terrible but it was like watching the mens team today. Liverpool defended well Chelsea had loads of possession without threatening much. Edged it, should have won, but should and did are two different things.

• Advertisement

Liked this lob by Arsenal's Jordan Nobbs:

https://twitter.com/morningwoso/status/1213862562279899138

And this volley by Chelsea's Guro Reiten:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1213823169901072384

Sam Kerr looked bright on her Chelsea debut. Her and Beth England look like they could link up well.

Arsenal and Chelsea looked impressive based on the highlights. That's going to be a very interesting game between them next Sunday.

Chelsea 3-0 up on Arsenal inside twenty minutes. Been keeping half an eye on it and the England and Ingle goals were superb. Kerr off the mark in the WSL too. Dream start for Chelsea. Assuming this result stays the same, City and Arsenal will be on 33 pts and Chelsea 32.

Chelsea 3-0 up on Arsenal inside twenty minutes. Been keeping half an eye on it and the England and Ingle goals were superb. Kerr off the mark in the WSL too. Dream start for Chelsea. Assuming this result stays the same, City and Arsenal will be on 33 pts and Chelsea 32.

Chelsea still have the game in hand too.

Brighton have signed Ireland striker Rianna Jarrett from Wexford Youths on a 6 month contract.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1220390496780062722

She did great in the games RTE televised last year. Great opportunity for her. Hope it works out well.

Caught the City/Arsenal game earlier. First half was uneventful, second half was good. City won 2-1 to go top, though Chelsea have a game in hand. Arsenal had chances to level but City deserved it. Thought Miedema was disappointing for Arsenal. Ireland captain Katie McCabe got a tough reception from the home fans as they thought she should have been sent off for a foul. Nick Cushing is leaving City to take up a role in New York. Interesting to see if this has a significant effect on them for the remainder of the campaign.

Rianna Jarrett still waiting to make her Brighton debut. Ireland's Megan Connolly featured as they beat Everton 1-0.

Chelsea annihilated West Ham 8-0. A few weeks back I queried Emma Hayes lamenting the state of Liverpool's pitch but I take it back as this isn't good enough for a club of their stature:

https://twitter.com/em_sandy/status/1223925213773148160

Hopefully this improves next season. Two games were called off today due to failing a pitch inspection.

• Advertisement

A 16 year old got the last for Chelsea, Emily Murphy, one for the future hopefully. All without Sam Kerr who is on international duty.

Watched the highlights show and what a shocker of a decision it was to give the second penalty against United. This led to Reading getting a point.

https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/1223996019022626821

Clearly comes off her head. Even without VAR surely they should have been able to spot this.

Watched the highlights show and what a shocker of a decision it was to give the second penalty against United. This led to Reading getting a point.

https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/1223996019022626821

Clearly comes off her head. Even without VAR surely they should have been able to spot this.

Ball wouldn't fly off like that if it hit the hand. Shocker of a decision. Some of the officiating is really poor, shame because on the whole the players in the WSL seem a lot more honest than in men's professional football, so the officials have a lot less to do. That's why it's even more disappointing they can't get the easy things right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Liverpool should be playing at Anfield at this stage. I wouldn't put it down to Tranmere as it is supposedly a drainage and wear problem of an old pitch that has held up for years with a lot of youth sides on it.

It is clearly not going to improve though between now and the end of the season.

dfx- wrote: »
    Liverpool should be playing at Anfield at this stage. I wouldn't put it down to Tranmere as it is supposedly a drainage and wear problem of an old pitch that has held up for years with a lot of youth sides on it.

It is clearly not going to improve though between now and the end of the season.

None of the teams play at the main/mens stadium every week, so doubt they'll go to Anfield. Not sure why they left Widnes Rugby League stadium that they played at for a season or two. Decent pitch, better facilities.

Prenton Park is a poor pitch at the moment, even by League One and Two standards. As you say, it's not going to get any better, they'd be as well playing at a non league ground.

• Advertisement

3 Ireland players starting in tonight's game between Liverpool and Arsenal: Niamh Fahey for the home side, Louise Quinn and Katie McCabe for the visitors. Game is live on BT Sport from 7pm.

Arsenal need a win to keep up with Man City and Chelsea who both won yesterday. Game is being played at Chester's Deva Stadium rather than at Prenton Park, so that will hopefully make for a better game.

Liverpool take the lead through Babajide. Not a goal Louise Quinn will want to watch back as she was blitzed for speed there.

1-1. Miedema with the equaliser from close range but looked like a foul in the build up. Don't think that should have stood.

2-1 Arsenal. Liverpool in danger of a collapse here. Went to sleep allowing Nobbs to head home.

2-2. Last kick of the half sees Furness smash home a brilliant equaliser:

https://twitter.com/BarclaysFAWSL/status/1228043739563806726

Entertaining half of football. Fahey made a great last ditch tackle at one stage. Pleased McCabe is alright to start the second half after picking up a knock.

3-2. Miedema scores again from close range, this time with a header. A little over ten minutes to go.

Full-time and it ends 3-2. Vital win for Arsenal that keeps them in the title hunt. They did lose Beth Mead to injury though, and if that's a serious one it will be a big blow.

Cracking match taking place between the top two, Man City and Chelsea, live on BT Sport 2. Game is 3-3 as it stands heading into the final 10 minutes. Only turned it on a short time ago but already seen a penalty save and a long range belter. Highlights will be well worth a watch later.

Update: It finishes 3-3, which keeps Chelsea within a point of City and with a game in hand. With the top three not playing each other in the league again it looks like Chelsea have the advantage. That penalty save by Berger from Stanway could prove massive.

Elsewhere, Ireland's Rianna Jarrett made the Brighton squad for the first time, though she didn't get on. Hopefully will get game time soon.

Watching the highlights show I noticed Alan Mahon, capped twice for Ireland, is now the Man City interim boss. Nice opportunity for him.

Turned out to be a great night for Ireland's Rianna Jarrett on her debut in the cup:

https://twitter.com/RiannaJarrett/status/1232608846742462465

Seems the next WSL games are in a month's time. She must be in with a good shout to feature now. Pleased for her.

Irish internationals Katie McCabe and Louise Quinn start for Arsenal in the League Cup Final against Chelsea. Game kicks off at 5:30pm on BT Sport.

Would be pleased for them if they win it but have a feeling it will be Chelsea's day.

Irish internationals Katie McCabe and Louise Quinn start for Arsenal in the League Cup Final against Chelsea. Game kicks off at 5:30pm on BT Sport.

Would be pleased for them if they win it but have a feeling it will be Chelsea's day.

Should be a good game, I'm hoping Chelsea win, since they haven't ever won it.

Early lead for Chelsea through Beth England.

The two Irish players almost combined for a goal. Great cross from McCabe and Quinn with a good header. Berger with some good saves early on.

Late equaliser for Arsenal via Williamson. Think that's merited as Berger has been fantastic in goal.

Beth England at the death looks like she's won the cup for Chelsea. What a season she's having.

Beth England at the death looks like she's won the cup for Chelsea. What a season she's having.

Beth England is different class. Yep, Chelsea win the League Cup.

New season starts tomorrow with promoted side Villa at home to Man City (kick-off 2:30pm).

Champions Chelsea have made highly-rated Pernille Harder the most expensive woman in football, signing her from Wolfsburg for €350,000. Man City have signed Chloe Kelly who was great at Everton, as well as the US World Cup winners Sam Mewis and Rose Lavelle. Those two teams will likely be fighting it out for the title. Perhaps Vivianne Miedema's goals can give Arsenal a fighting chance too.

I was very impressed with the FA Player app last season and glad to see it's back again. You can sign up for free and watch all the games, as well as catch the highlights.

Plenty of Irish interest also with Ireland captain Katie McCabe at Arsenal, Rianna Jarrett and Megan Connolly at Brighton, Tyler Toland and Megan Campbell at Man City, Harriet Scott at Birmingham, Grace Moloney at Reading, as well as Leanne Kiernan and Courtney Brosnan at West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

City have taken an early lead against villa but they are giving up chances too. Fancy villa to get a goal from city playing out from the back but would be surprised if they came...
    Nevermind. Villa just gave up an absolute howler trying to play out from the back

• Advertisement
Advertisement