Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My screen wont stop flickering...

Options
  • 07-09-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Probably don’t need to point out this is the first time I’ve owned a gaming pc but lately my screen has been flickering whenever I’m watching YouTube or playing games. I’m not really sure how to fix the issue so any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Graphics card brand? AMD, nVidia, or integrated Intel graphics? Have you tried a different cable, and the monitor on something else, like a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SpiceWeasel

Maybe try reinstalling graphics and/or chipset drivers, if it only started recently could be due to a Windows Update behind the scenes so maybe going back to a restore point or a refresh of the OS could sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭LeeMaher92

PostWoke wrote: »
    Graphics card brand? AMD, nVidia, or integrated Intel graphics? Have you tried a different cable, and the monitor on something else, like a console?

RX580 GPU.
    Nope I only have on DPI cable and haven’t tried it on a console etc. It doesn’t seem like a monitor issue as the flickering stops completely when browsing the web etc, it seems to be whilst playing video/ games the flickering occurs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

I have heard others with related complaints on amd hardware recently, I suspect drivers so. Try the r/amdhelp subreddit, best bet.

Advertisement