Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Lump Sum

• 07-09-2019 3:47pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I had a lump sum from children's allowance / other stuff, where is best to save it for long term. 5+ years for example.

I thought state savings might be an option. Child accounts all seem terrible and have low caps. Access by the child is not required.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭billyhead

MarkR wrote: »
    If I had a lump sum from children's allowance / other stuff, where is best to save it for long term. 5+ years for example.

I thought state savings might be an option. Child accounts all seem terrible and have low caps. Access by the child is not required.

State savings would be the less riskiest option. Other investment plans are a gamble.

Advertisement