Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into new build - what next?

Options
  • 07-09-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

Myself and my partner have recently bought a new house in a new development -I have been trying to sort out TV and Internet Services out all week but I am hitting a wall everytime due to the fact we don't have an eircode.

When I contacted the eircode company about it, they said that we won't be issued with an eircode until Mid-November at the earliest - and then mentioned something about having to register our address?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but first time buyer and all and don't really have a clue what we're doing.

Has anyone struggled to get internet/TV in their new build without an eircode? Is there another way around it? What else should I be doing now that we're at the moving in stage??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

This is common enough. We are in a new build for 3 weeks now and although we have now received our eircode it's painful trying to speak with providers about getting hooked up. Prepare for weeks of frustrating phone calls only to be told something different and conflicting from each operator you speak to on the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Even after an eircode is issued it can take months for a provider to recognise it as many only do quarterly or even less frequent updates. The developer may have specific contacts in providers that are in the estate and can bypass that check - this wouldn't be that common though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sky will search for you by address without Eircode for FTTC (up to 100Mbit) products although it's hit and miss on new estates. For TV they couldn't care less if you're a static caravan in the middle of a field.

Advertisement