Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got hit for €25.60 for taxi from town to Cois Ghruda

• 07-09-2019 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I got a taxi last night from town to Cois Ghruda. paid with my credit card. I just checked online and on SumUp *mytaxi it says €25.60.

The credit card guy on the phone says it is pending atm and he can't block it.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking of printing out the estimate fees list for Limerick, if I can find one, and give it to the bank in town.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

YFlyer wrote: »
    Hi there

I got a taxi last night from town to Cois Ghruda. paid with my credit card. I just checked online and on SumUp *mytaxi it says €25.60.

The credit card guy on the phone says it is pending atm and he can't block it.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking of printing out the estimate fees list for Limerick, if I can find one, and give it to the bank in town.

Try FreeNow first,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I'm guessing you don't have a taxi receipt (which would obviously not be for €25.60).
    You mention both Sumup and My Taxi in your post. Again I'm guessing that the driver used a Sumup reader (and possibly has his user name down as MyTaxi).

If you actually used Free Now , the new incarnation of My Taxi, then you should be able to sort it out through Free Now quite easily.
    If you gave (or tapped) your Card at the end of the journey I might consider going down the chargeback road with your CC provider.
    Get an estimate from
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-fare-estimator/
    and take it from there with your CC crowd.
    Having said that if it was a 'card present' transaction on Sumup you will probably find it hard to get any satisfaction.

Drunk or not, you were there. You paid 'X' amount while present. It's possibly a cheap enough lesson to watch your CC transactions more closely in future.......sorry if that last bit sounds a bit high-horsey ;), I'm just saying it like it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you don't have a taxi receipt (which would obviously not be for €25.60).
    You mention both Sumup and My Taxi in your post. Again I'm guessing that the driver used a Sumup reader (and possibly has his user name down as MyTaxi).

If you actually used Free Now , the new incarnation of My Taxi, then you should be able to sort it out through Free Now quite easily.
    If you gave (or tapped) your Card at the end of the journey I might consider going down the chargeback road with your CC provider.
    Get an estimate from
    https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-fare-estimator/
    and take it from there with your CC crowd.
    Having said that if it was a 'card present' transaction on Sumup you will probably find it hard to get any satisfaction.

Drunk or not, you were there. You paid 'X' amount while present. It's possibly a cheap enough lesson to watch your CC transactions more closely in future.......sorry if that last bit sounds a bit high-horsey ;), I'm just saying it like it is.

Yeah I had a fair few post Nancy Blakes. Normally I would have walked to the banklink to get some cash before hoping into a cab.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement