Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greedfall

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Where is it 17.50? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Where is it 17.50? :D

On PSN. I think it was discounted with Plus membership.

So I've a good few hours in this, still very early days. But it has something I dislike in games, time limits and unnecessarily long travel times. I've to return in 2 days to finish a mission, but I can't really do anything else in the meantime because I won't be back in time.

Also, impossible to play during the day unless you've closed your curtains. However, I think I'm liking it. Combat is very Witcheresque. Voice acting is really good, but the animation of the talking is jarring. Its not off, but rather they open their entire mouth for every word, so it seems off.

As I said, still early days but I'll stick with it for another while anyway, see how it pans out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

On PSN. I think it was discounted with Plus membership.

So I've a good few hours in this, still very early days. But it has something I dislike in games, time limits and unnecessarily long travel times. I've to return in 2 days to finish a mission, but I can't really do anything else in the meantime because I won't be back in time.

Also, impossible to play during the day unless you've closed your curtains. However, I think I'm liking it. Combat is very Witcheresque. Voice acting is really good, but the animation of the talking is jarring. Its not off, but rather they open their entire mouth for every word, so it seems off.

As I said, still early days but I'll stick with it for another while anyway, see how it pans out.

Is it the side quest that have the time limit?

Is it the side quest that have the time limit?

Yeah, the Merchants quest from New Serene where I have to come back in 2 days. I travelled to some native place, and then onto the Bridge Alliance, and copped then that I was 6 hours short to get back to New Serene (so I reloaded and stopped playing...).

Strangely, I can't use the fast travel option, when I talk to them all I get is 'Leavel'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah, the Merchants quest from New Serene where I have to come back in 2 days. I travelled to some native place, and then onto the Bridge Alliance, and copped then that I was 6 hours short to get back to New Serene (so I reloaded and stopped playing...).

Strangely, I can't use the fast travel option, when I talk to them all I get is 'Leavel'

So when you fast travel its tells you how long it takes to get there and if you miss the deadline the quest is failed?

• Advertisement

So when you fast travel its tells you how long it takes to get there and if you miss the deadline the quest is failed?

Yeah, when you want to travel from one area to another, it tells you how long it will take. I have 2 days, took me 13 hours to get to the native place, and 9.5 hours to the Bridge Alliance, and something like 28 hours to get back to New Serene. No idea if it fails, but because of the story of the side quest, I'd imagine it would.

Yeah, when you want to travel from one area to another, it tells you how long it will take. I have 2 days, took me 13 hours to get to the native place, and 9.5 hours to the Bridge Alliance, and something like 28 hours to get back to New Serene. No idea if it fails, but because of the story of the side quest, I'd imagine it would.

Well that's put me right off playing it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You wont fail any missions by travelling.

You wont fail any missions by travelling.

Really? Game seems to make out that you do? I know if you progress the main quest before side quests you can fail them (kinda standard really). Gonna test it later, deliberately travel and miss the time and see what happens.

I played it twice and never had an issue

• Advertisement

Theres no real time limit you just have to go at a certain time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh that's not so bad
    my worst pet peeve with games is time limits

Yeah, forgot to come back and say the time limits aren't limits, but more a case of having to return after a certain point. Saying that, I haven't gone back to it since shortly after my last post. It's not bad, it's just not holding my attention.

Yeah, I'll give this another go with the PS5 update (I was one of those who got it on sale about a month before it became free). The only thing putting me off trying again is the time limits. I actually hate time limits in these types of games. It took away a lot of the fun in Dead Rising 2 imo.

From the few hours I played, I remember having time limits (ie: 1 or 2 days) to do things. Considering the fast travel costs a lot of time, it resulted in me not finishing a quest in time or something like that. Also, moving the main story will lock out side/party quests. I don't think it's Dead Rising 2 types of limits, but it's still limits, and in a game that encourages exploration, it's a deal breaker usually.

Maybe they changed it, and they do have a Discovery mode but whether that affects those timed missions, I'm not sure. But I definitely remember a timer at some point, because I had to reload to complete it due to travelling and not having enough time to get back.

I do remember them, and t'internet seems to be 50/50 on yes/no! Do let me know, I may be mis-remembering the exact details, but I'm 99.9% positive I had to reload due to travel time making me miss something.

Edit: Re-read the post and it clicked (why didn't I do this earlier?!), I think it's a time limit insofar as you can't progress this until time is up... Still not sure though, as it looks like I never went back to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dave0301

It isn't a time limit from what I remember.

If you do certain quests or progress the story so that it impacts on other side missions or characters you can get locked out.

If you keep a few manual saves on the go you can avoid missing out on too much.

I got the platinum when it was on PS Plus, so not eligible for the extra content. Gameplay gets a bit repetitive and it can be a bit of a fetch quest type game at times, but still worth playing if you like RPG games and exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Theres no real time limit you just have to go at a certain time of day.

Agree with this. You can sleep to progress to day/night.

Advertisement