Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Dublin

Options
  • 08-09-2019 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

We have an anniversary coming up and I would like to stay in a hotel in Dublin.

I have not stayed in many hotels up there, so we are looking for recommendations?

I would like a fairly decent hotel in the city centre.

We can go mid week too so that should help price wise.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The new Marlin Hotel just behind Stephen's Green have a decent "launch" deal up on The Taste http://thetaste.ie/wp/product/marlin-hotel-dublin-overnight-offer-julnov19/ Bear in mind they have a few room options of different sizes, I imagine this offer is for the smaller rooms - but if you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head then it should be fine. You can see in the pic in the link the bed is right up to the wall, access only on one side.

If you want something a bit more swish, have a look at the Westin and Westbury. For more modern, the Morrison or the Morgan (in Temple Bar, likely to have some noise any day of the week).

The Marker & The Spencer are a bit more out the way, but nice hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Hilton Garden Inn at Customs House is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Budget would be good to know.
    Also, do you want 'wow' factor, or is it just as a place to stay and you explore the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

Twee. wrote: »
    The new Marlin Hotel just behind Stephen's Green have a decent "launch" deal up on The Taste http://thetaste.ie/wp/product/marlin-hotel-dublin-overnight-offer-julnov19/ Bear in mind they have a few room options of different sizes, I imagine this offer is for the smaller rooms - but if you're just looking for somewhere to lay your head then it should be fine. You can see in the pic in the link the bed is right up to the wall, access only on one side.

If you want something a bit more swish, have a look at the Westin and Westbury. For more modern, the Morrison or the Morgan (in Temple Bar, likely to have some noise any day of the week).

The Marker & The Spencer are a bit more out the way, but nice hotels.

Thanks for all that. The Westin looks fab-I'm going to keep an eye out for special offers on that.

thetaste.ie looks like a good site to keep an eye on regarding deals etc too. I didn't know about that either.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Budget would be good to know.
    Also, do you want 'wow' factor, or is it just as a place to stay and you explore the city?

I should of mentioned budget-I wouldn't like to pay over 250e midweek. It kind of stings a bit and takes some of the good out of it.

We are not from Dublin so will be out and about but would still like somewhere nice to come back to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I wouldn't stay down in IFSC if I was you, something near Stephens Green or Dame Street much better.

Mokuba wrote: »
    Hilton Garden Inn at Customs House is quite nice.

Will take a look, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Shelbourne got a revamp couple of years ago.. when you're checking in, ask for an upgrade

Sandymount hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,303 ✭✭✭Homer

Check out 31 Leeson Close for a lovely boutique hotel that’s close to everything and offers something different from the big chain style hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

ashes2014 wrote: »
    thetaste.ie looks like a good site to keep an eye on regarding deals etc too. I didn't know about that either.

Some great offers on it, as long as you read the fine print!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Westbury Hotel. Just about as central as you can get. Also Brooks Hotel. Two very nice places to be.!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I love the schoolhouse rooms are individual and quirky and I have always got a good deal there plus its got parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Morrison is nice, good location too.

If you want something alternative the Aloft Hotel in Christchurch is very modern & has an outdoor terrace with a good view of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The Mespil near Baggot St bridge is worth a check

Advertisement