Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlady that formerly rented to a pimp - now, "all references will be checked!!"

Options
  • 08-09-2019 3:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Is there a peculiar irony there?

I just know her through social circles, but she was a middle to late middle aged woman that got into some real estate, so bought a lovely apartment.

I heard through the grapevine, and later confirmed, that she rented it to an individual who rents apartments as a means to sublet them to independent working women.

Just so we're clear, I have it on good authority, this was not a situation of some sex slaves being cycled through the place.
    These were all subletting of their own volition - and (basically, I'm mates with the dude in the neighbouring apartment), they were top neighbours that ran a professional and discreet operation. No sleazy noisy clients coming through the halls, no police visits, no problems.
    Clean

However, we were hanging out last week, and met a dude doing some renovations on the place, so we hit him with some questions.

It's coming back on the market.

Being the nosy f$$kers that were are - we of course checked out the ad on the national renting website.

"Comprehensive range of references required.
    All references will be checked and cross checked.
    Impeccable history required to rent this apartment"

lolwut?

She rented to a pimp.
    And she did so because, he paid her - waaaaaaaayyyyy - over the odds, on the going rates at the time.

Now, hell, rent rates in Ireland are extortionate as they are.
    Demand goes up?
    Landlords gonna get!!

Some people actually advocate for that mentality - lol.

I puke at it.

In any case - what's your take on the matter?

It's like, "overcompensating".
    She wishes to present with this outward image of being super correct and high class - where's underneath, she facilitates what she'd personally almost certainly consider an immoral endeavour that she would criticize men for partaking in, simply for her own capital gain.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

And BTW - I have it on first hand information, that she knew from day one what she was doing, renting to a pimp.

She knew the guys background, history etc.
    She knew the intended purpose of the apartment when he rented it from her.
    Hell, she even had a viewing lens/peephole, installed in the door (presumably so the b1tches could scope out potentially dodgy Johns).

She went ahead with the letting because of the price she was offered for the place.

In case anyone interprets the situation as "uhh, maybe she was oblivious...?"

Nuh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

What’s your question caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Op reminds me of Vicky Pollard

What’s your question caller?

Not so much a question as, topic for discussion;

Hypocrisy.

Is there a peculiar irony there?

I just know her through social circles, but she was a middle to late middle aged woman that got into some real estate, so bought a lovely apartment.

I heard through the grapevine, and later confirmed, that she rented it to an individual who rents apartments as a means to sublet them to independent working women.

Just so we're clear, I have it on good authority, this was not a situation of some sex slaves being cycled through the place.
    These were all subletting of their own volition - and (basically, I'm mates with the dude in the neighbouring apartment), they were top neighbours that ran a professional and discreet operation. No sleazy noisy clients coming through the halls, no police visits, no problems.
    Clean

However, we were hanging out last week, and met a dude doing some renovations on the place, so we hit him with some questions.

It's coming back on the market.

Being the nosy f$$kers that were are - we of course checked out the ad on the national renting website.

"Comprehensive range of references required.
    All references will be checked and cross checked.
    Impeccable history required to rent this apartment"

lolwut?

She rented to a pimp.
    And she did so because, he paid her - waaaaaaaayyyyy - over the odds, on the going rates at the time.

Now, hell, rent rates in Ireland are extortionate as they are.
    Demand goes up?
    Landlords gonna get!!

Some people actually advocate for that mentality - lol.

I puke at it.

In any case - what's your take on the matter?

It's like, "overcompensating".
    She wishes to present with this outward image of being super correct and high class - where's underneath, she facilitates what she'd personally almost certainly consider an immoral endeavour that she would criticize men for partaking in, simply for her own capital gain.

What's your obsession with the sex trade OP? A lot of your threads/posts are based around it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

So she pimped out her apartment to a real life pimp?

antix80 wrote: »
    Op reminds me of Vicky Pollard

149a776931e0f272b54caf8bbcccb82f.jpg

Let me tell you - this place is no council housing deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

Is the apartment being let with the original beds still in situ? If so, I suggest that you arrange a viewing and check out the mattresses for stains - and give them a good sniff while you're at it.

So she pimped out her apartment to a real life pimp?

A real life pimp.

I guess the word "pimp" has ugly connotations.

Like, 1960's New York, string of b1tches etc.

She rented it out for express purpose of use in sexual services.

I have no issue with that personally - at all.

What I DO have issue with, is her subsequent presentation of this "holier than thou" get up - "check and cross check your references".

Pfffff

f12Dtum.gif

What's your obsession with the sex trade OP? A lot of your threads/posts are based around it.

I despise the fact that posters post history is so readily accessible.

I'm an advocate for the sex trade (when it's legit and above board, independent etc).

I hate this countries backwards ass mentality toward sex, and I feel like implementation of a legit sex work paradigm would be like a bullet between the eyes to this.

End.

Back to apartment discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no apartment discussion to get back to. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement