Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy thread 9/11 forum dispute.

• 08-09-2019 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭

The dispute is between me and the moderator Overheal.

The moderator Overheal, due to his world view kept banning me, yet never applies the same level of moderation for different users.

He is not neutral about the subjects we discuss and has often thrown snide, off topic comments at me before this month ban.

When i ask users to clarify their position about subjects, they refuse.. Overheal yet steps in when they demand me to answer and puts his foot down and says i must answer it! There not a level of fairness shown.

1) I have got only two hands- and i can only answer certain amount of posts in the day.
    2) I attempt to answer users questions and there is a lot.
    3) I have backed my evidence up with newspaper headlines, pictures, graphs, research papers {example} Overheal ignores it all as none of it supports his position about 9/11.
    4) evidence he is bias. He keeps liking posts belonging to people who disagree with me.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you disputing your ban, or complaining about the mod?

This forum can deal with the former, but you need to attempt to resolve your dispute directly with the mod first

If it's the latter this can only be dealt with in Help Desk

If both, the ban appeal should be dealt with before any further discussion on the moderator takes place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Beasty wrote: »
    Are you disputing your ban, or complaining about the mod?

This forum can deal with the former, but you need to attempt to resolve your dispute directly with the mod first

If it's the latter this can only be dealt with in Help Desk

If both, the ban appeal should be dealt with before any further discussion on the moderator takes place

That's unlikely, going to happen here. He's previously ignored PM of mine before. Plus he has all the power to decide, who can post.So this my final option- open a dispute.

I am willing to forget our differences,, if he removes the ban. I believe he is unfairly judging me for believing 9/11, a conspiracy. This forum is there for us to discuss this topic.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please attempt to resolve this directly with the mod. That's part of the dispute process, and is required before starting a thread here

Please attempt to resolve this directly with the mod. That's part of the dispute process, and is required before starting a thread here

Like i said he has not answered my private emails for awhile now.. Resolving this issue now unlikely.

I think he banned me unfairly in the first place.

Have you attempted to resolve this specific sanction by PM?

If not the dispute will not proceed

• Advertisement

Have you attempted to resolve this specific sanction by PM?

If not the dispute will not proceed

No, he just banned me from the 9/11 sub thread for one month in August. I just took the ban. It not this that annoys me, i can wait.

I posted some 9/11 stuff in this thread Sep 5th
    Which conspiracy theories are real and which are not?

There was 9/11 discussions happening there. I was not banned to post there.

Then he decided to threadban me, i presuming this is for good, lifetime?

So is it the threadban you are challenging? If so, this forum does not deal with threadbans and I will move the thread to Help Desk

Again though there is an expectation to engage with the mod to try and resolve disputes directly before starting a thread about it

So is it the threadban you are challenging? If so, this forum does not deal with threadbans and I will move the thread to Help Desk

Again though there is an expectation to engage with the mod to try and resolve disputes directly before starting a thread about it

Yes.
    I still believe the original month ban was unfair.
    I will try.

Thanks

Thanks

Can you PM please or update me here?

• Advertisement

I shall alert the CMods to this appeal

I shall alert the CMods to this appeal

Ok thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi cheerful spring, I’ll look into this for you.

Can you please forward me on the specific PMs you sent to Overheal to attempt to resolve this dispute privately?

Thank you for your PMs. For the purposes of transparency, especially if any admin intervention is requested, I’ll keep my replies to this thread.

As your PMs mentioned both your feelings about the ban and feeling about moderation, I must repeat Beasty’s note above to clarify that I can only deal with the ban on this thread. Once that is dealt with, you can feel free to start a Help Desk thread regarding moderation if you’d like.

I’ll need a bit of time to do some reading and understand the background and context, as well as to speak to the moderator. I’ll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Okay. This has been difficult to tease apart because you have simultaneously posted about a forum ban, a thread ban and complaints about a moderator.

I can only deal with the forum ban here, which was from the 9/11 subforum of Conspiracy Theories. This was issued on August 21st and is due to expire in less than a week. You apparently had no problem with this ban for two weeks, because you didn't start a dispute until that point.

Between your two accounts, you have had a number of moderator actions taken in the 9/11 subforum and in the main Conspiracy Theories forum, including a 2-day, 3-day, and a 1-week ban from the 9/11 sub-forum prior to this 30-day ban. You have also accrued a number of infractions. There have also been a number of on-thread warnings for things like ignoring moderator instructions, backseat moderation and arguing with moderation on-thread. Prior to the 30-day ban being issued, you were given several warnings about your posting style and clearly signposted to the fact a ban would be imminent. You chose to ignore these, even when given a clear opportunity to simply answer a question directly to avoid a ban.

In this instance, I cannot find any grounds in which to disagree with the moderator action taken (i.e. the 30-day ban). I uphold the moderator's decision, and I suggest that you review your posting style when the ban is lifted in order to avoid any future bans.

Should you disagree with this decision, you may request that an admin review it.

Faith wrote: »
    Okay. This has been difficult to tease apart because you have simultaneously posted about a forum ban, a thread ban and complaints about a moderator.

I can only deal with the forum ban here, which was from the 9/11 subforum of Conspiracy Theories. This was issued on August 21st and is due to expire in less than a week. You apparently had no problem with this ban for two weeks, because you didn't start a dispute until that point.

Between your two accounts, you have had a number of moderator actions taken in the 9/11 subforum and in the main Conspiracy Theories forum, including a 2-day, 3-day, and a 1-week ban from the 9/11 sub-forum prior to this 30-day ban. You have also accrued a number of infractions. There have also been a number of on-thread warnings for things like ignoring moderator instructions, backseat moderation and arguing with moderation on-thread. Prior to the 30-day ban being issued, you were given several warnings about your posting style and clearly signposted to the fact a ban would be imminent. You chose to ignore these, even when given a clear opportunity to simply answer a question directly to avoid a ban.

In this instance, I cannot find any grounds in which to disagree with the moderator action taken (i.e. the 30-day ban). I uphold the moderator's decision, and I suggest that you review your posting style when the ban is lifted in order to avoid any future bans.

Should you disagree with this decision, you may request that an admin review it.

Frankly i not surprised this was your decision. Every bit of this post is the moderator point of view about the matter. I not appeal because i know this forum doesn't help the user in cases like this. And i don't see a sentence that looked at this dispute from my point of view. There know point wasting my time taking this further up the chain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

As you aren't contesting Faith's decision, I am marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement