Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sound on RTÉ One HD or RTÉ 2HD on SKY

• 08-09-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Sunday 8 September 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Same here I was just about to post it too.
    How long is it gone.
    I came out to the room about half an hour ago and thought someone had muted the TV.
    Is it just Sky or is it everywhere?
    If it is gone everywhere are RTE that stupid that they haven't realised yet?
    Not that we're really missing anything anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Same here I was just about to post it too.
    How long is it gone.
    I came out to the room about half an hour ago and thought someone had muted the TV.
    Is it just Sky or is it everywhere?
    If it is gone everywhere are RTE that stupid that they haven't realised yet?

It’s fine on Saorview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Went right at the start of the Camogie final on RTE2, working on the non HD channel 802, but not as much as an acknowledgement or apology from RTE.

It’s fine on Saorview.
    Someone get in touch with Sky I'm too lazy.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Went right at the start of the Camogie final on RTE2, working on the non HD channel 802, but not as much as an acknowledgement or apology from RTE.

There's your apology lol.
    When the flip it's going to be fixed is anyone's guess
    Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 aileenhealy

My sky box is the same - no sound on RTÉ 1 or 2 but I can get it with sound on Sky Go on the iPad

My sky box is the same - no sound on RTÉ 1 or 2 but I can get it with sound on Sky Go on the iPad

Yep standard def 801 and 802 work ok you'll have to put up with standard def.
    40 euro a month for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Same on mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,509 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There's a scrolling message on the terrestrial transmission. Apologies to our Sky viewers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

yeah and its ruining the pic, why does that have to appear on SAORVIEW!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭fman

They went after the bins and water coolers last time. Is audio the casualty in this round of cutbacks?

swoofer wrote: »
    yeah and its ruining the pic, why does that have to appear on SAORVIEW!!!!

Good question.

Apparently research shows that people who pay for Sky, on average spend more time looking at free channels such as BBC, than pay channels. So it is possible that many of them also have aerials, but out of habit watch RTE on Sky. They might switch over to the aerial to see if the problem exists there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Before they put up the banner about the audio problem, the banner was a code red weather warning for tomorrow!!! (there isn't any such warning out). Have a look at RTE2+1 between 6pm and 6.05 to see of it shows up again.

Will it be mentioned on the news, I wonder

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Before they put up the banner about the audio problem, the banner was a code red weather warning for tomorrow!!! Only 18 months too late. Have a look at RTE2+1 between 6pm and 6.05 to see of it shows up again.

Probably human error. Like the French playing the wrong national anthem before the Albania game.

How soon until it comes back?

It's back now

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Absolute professionalism from our National broadcaster
    NUdSoa.png

During the Galway Kilkenny camogie match as well!

On Radio 4 this morning they were discussing a plan for nationwide UK text alerts to be issued, in connection with any serious outfall from Brexit, such as shortage of medicines. Based on a system which exists in the USA for natural disasters etc.

The downside was pointed out from what happened in Hawaii, a while back. Some human being sent an alert saying there were nuclear missiles incoming, causing major panic. Mistakes happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The sound issue was with Sky is my understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

Its all over twitter with RTE apologising to sky viewers but no apology for ruining SAORVIEW viewers enjoyment. And that banner was totally naff.

RTE should be ashamed.

What caused the problem in the first place?

Advertisement