Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Kildare Village

• 08-09-2019 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wondering if any of you can offer me a bit of advice. Currently I am looking at a career change. I'm wondering if any of you know what Kildare Village is like to work in. Are they flexible with hours? Ideally I'd be looking for mornings Mon - Fri, is this unheard of there , do they expect you to be available to work all weekends or would they consider somebody looking for specific hours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I could be wrong, but I would have thought each retailer would be a separate employer so each would have different policies up to themselves. Unless you mean working for Kildare Village themselves, ie the company that runs the whole place.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

That's true never thought of that. I must look into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Yes, each retailer hires their own staff. My son worked in Ralph Lauren for a while. Several of his mates have moved around the village to different shops, presumably for more money and/or better hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I would presume most of the retailers there would require weekend work and evening work too. The shops in Kildare Village have long opening hours. Probably even later opening approaching Christmas.

Some of the shops have loud music playing in them so be prepared for that. I'd find that very off-putting more so than the working hours.

Staff in these outlets are brilliant though. I've rarely been in any other shops anywhere who have more helpful staff! You'll be dealing with a lot of rich international customers along with the locals.

Best of luck op. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

I don't think you would get those hours in Kildare village TBH, they tend to want staff with more availability, weekends,bank holidays late night openings.
    Penneys are starting to look for Christmas staff you might be luckier there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thanks everybody, plenty of info there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Any new hire into retail will generally get the worst allocation hours so don't expect Monday - Friday, 9-5

Advertisement