Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gentlebirth

Options
  • 08-09-2019 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone ever attended a Gentle birth workshop? I've become interested in it since I've had my son and was thinking of training to be a Gentlebirth instructor.
    I'm interested to hear if it has actually helped women and is it something that is worthwhile studying. I had awful anxiety when I was pregnant and id love to work with pregnant women to help ease anxiety around birth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yes I did a course and found it really helped. I had a late scheduled c section and I found it really helped me to remain calm in the day we were waiting for the procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Monkey2019 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Has anyone ever attended a Gentle birth workshop? I've become interested in it since I've had my son and was thinking of training to be a Gentlebirth instructor.
    I'm interested to hear if it has actually helped women and is it something that is worthwhile studying. I had awful anxiety when I was pregnant and id love to work with pregnant women to help ease anxiety around birth

Hi, I attended the course with my partner, worth every penny. It's really informative and the local doula running it knew a lot about local hospital policies and best practice.
    Just had our second baby and I regret not doing the refresher course.
    I have the book and CDs too though nowadays it's done through an app subscription and Facebook support group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I believe that they have launched an online course now so you can do the instructor training that way rather than attending the instructor course. They've also launched a web based course for expectant parents.

I would do a bit more research into it in your area - how many instructors there are etc because I feel like a lot of people have done it now & you could potentially be looking at market saturation.

On the other hand, if you do the classroom based workshop (I think you still have to do a lot of online training after it), you get Tracey's Birth Doula course for free (or at least you used to) & that could be combined with the instructor training to make a more profitable business/career.

Advertisement