Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekdays rent/sharing

Options
  • 08-09-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

So ladies and gents could anyone explain to me why some ads on daft.ie states that rental is from Sunday till Fridays? Is it because the cleaner is due on every Saturday? Or maybe the owner's wife is coming home once a week and he doesn't want to get busted renting the bedrooms out?

It's not like I seldom see it while browsing, it's like every other ad is the same

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Greyfoot wrote: »
    So ladies and gents could anyone explain to me why some ads on daft.ie states that rental is from Sunday till Fridays? Is it because the cleaner is due on every Saturday? Or maybe the owner's wife is coming home once a week and he doesn't want to get busted renting the bedrooms out?

It's not like I seldom see it while browsing, it's like every other ad is the same

Digs type rental. Students or trainee manager types.

Means the rentee can have some peace when they're off and can have the place to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Two possibles.

Owner/main tenant wants the place to themselves at weekends.

Or

Airbnb at weekends.

I didn't advertise weekday rental but my lodger goes home 95% of weekends. When they move out I'll be advertising Monday - Friday or Sunday - Thursday lets as I'm now used to having the peace on a weekend. They leave their stuff in the room, though I have heard of ads saying you have to take your stuff at the weekend (those are definitely Airbnb)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Yes I was thinking about student accomodation alright as they would be going home for the weekend to their parents after all. But in case of short lets/airbnb is it legal to advertise like that? I mean surely a place that sleeps tourists must conform to a certain degree to safety and service like clear exit signs, fire extinguisher etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

My son is an apprentice and rents sun to Friday he comes home the weekend - he actually doesn’t go back till Monday morning and leaves Friday to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Greyfoot wrote: »
    Yes I was thinking about student accomodation alright as they would be going home for the weekend to their parents after all. But in case of short lets/airbnb is it legal to advertise like that? I mean surely a place that sleeps tourists must conform to a certain degree to safety and service like clear exit signs, fire extinguisher etc?

Not if it's in a private home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement