Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jon Hopkins BGE 06.03

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

I thought that was a brilliant gig. I loved the way you could sit down and then stand up to go mad for 5 mins then sit back down again. It helped me appreciate it much more.

The set list was perfect too. Disappointing to have technical difficulties just as breathe this air was about to get heavy but it was brilliant when he came back on and blasted Emerald Rush and the crowd reaction.

I thought it was going to be much more piano type music so was very happy to see him play the bangers.

Loved everything about that gig, the venue, the sound quality, the set list, the intensity etc.
    I've seen Hopkins about 7 or 8 times and that was my second favourite after the Body and Soul headline a couple if years ago

Singularity was insane

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Heiser wrote: »

I thought it was going to be much more piano type music so was very happy to see him play the bangers.

Me too, it was kind of why I went mainly as I'm a big fan of Nils Frahm, Max Richter, Olafur Arnalds and such so was looking forward to that.

However, the sound in Bord Gais is so bloody good that it was great to get the pure electronic stuff there too.

Any idea what time he finished at?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Heiser

Weepsie wrote: »
    Me too, it was kind of why I went mainly as I'm a big fan of Nils Frahm, Max Richter, Olafur Arnalds and such so was looking forward to that.

However, the sound in Bord Gais is so bloody good that it was great to get the pure electronic stuff there too.

Any idea what time he finished at?

Think it was about 10.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭El Director

Really enjoyed that, very unique, very special. One minute everyone is sitting down, you could hear a pin drop and he had us in the palm of his hand, the next everyone is up on their feet and going mad. The Polarity Tour...I get it now :)

I thought the crowd were good, very respectful and supportive when he needed it! It did finish at 10:50. Cant wait to go see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

The sound in that place is incredible. When he kicked it into high gear you could feel the beats reverberating through your whole body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Dog day

Though a fan for a while this was my first time seeing him & he blew me away. Great venue, the sound was amazing & the crowd respectfully chilled & fun. He had us in the palm of his hand. Truly memorable gig all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The sound in that place is incredible. When he kicked it into high gear you could feel the beats reverberating through your whole body.

I don't know if it's him or his crew but I've seen him indoor and outdoor and he always manages to get good sound out of every venue.

Advertisement