Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

One day Irish people will think "how did we get here?" and I will be there showing them how they ignored warnings for years and years.

The easiest way to do this is to show the true face of a country Ireland aspires to be.

So the next time your progressive friends says "Sweden is great isn't it?" you can say "well, did you know that...?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Does he drive a Volvo?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

biko wrote: »
    One day Irish people will think "how did we get here?" and I will be there showing them how they ignored warnings for years and years.

The easiest way to do this is to show the true face of a country Ireland aspires to be.

So the next time your progressive friends says "Sweden is great isn't it?" you can say "well, did you know that...?"

Whats a "progressive friend"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Like a progressive fiend but more naive and likeable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

https://www.government.se/government-policy/a-feminist-government/
    Sweden officially claim to have the first feminist government in the world.

Sweden government visits Iran, look at their happy feminist faces under the hijabs
    gobierno_suecia_iran_999.jpg

International new outlet
    Fury as feminist Swedish minister wears HIJAB as she 'bows down to oppressive' Iran https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/766744/Swedish-minister-Ann-Linde-feminist-hijab-Iran-oppressive

Merkel visits Saudi Arabia, a country even more anti-women than Iran. Does not wear scarf.

Saudi-Arabia-Angela-Merkel-827122.jpg

Merkel is more feminist than Sweden.

The law is different in the two countries. Head covering required in Iran, not in Saudi. If Merkel went to Iran, she’d wear a hijab too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

You couldn't just link a picture of Trudeau in his Halloween getup? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

BBC interview with Swedish police and others about hand grenade violence and the immigrant violence

What is the link between immigration and crime in Sweden? - BBC Newsnight

Sweden today, Ireland in 20 years? Ask your progressive friends, it's up to them.

They dont care because they hate what Ireland is and was and want it changed beyond recognition. Most of them are childless and will be most likely dead in 20 years.

Swedish politician forms party to fight "anti-Muslim sentiment" in probably the least racist country on the planet.

Mikail Yüksel, dismissed from the country's Center Party, which is known as a party that has center-right, liberal policies, said the new party will fight not only against anti-Muslim sentiments but also for the rights of migrants.

"I was dismissed from the party before the elections, because I did not speak against Turkey or President [Recep Tayyip] Erdoğan," he claimed.

"We want Islamophobia to be declared a crime.
    We want Muslims to be recognized as a minority in the constitution,"
    said Yüksel, while spelling out the agenda of his party.
    https://www.dailysabah.com/politics/2019/08/23/turkish-origin-swedish-politician-forms-party-to-fight-anti-muslim-sentiment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

https://www.government.se/government-policy/a-feminist-government/
    Sweden officially claim to have the first feminist government in the world.

Sweden government visits Iran, look at their happy feminist faces under the hijabs
    gobierno_suecia_iran_999.jpg

International new outlet
    Fury as feminist Swedish minister wears HIJAB as she 'bows down to oppressive' Iran https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/766744/Swedish-minister-Ann-Linde-feminist-hijab-Iran-oppressive

Merkel visits Saudi Arabia, a country even more anti-women than Iran. Does not wear scarf.

Saudi-Arabia-Angela-Merkel-827122.jpg

Merkel is more feminist than Sweden.

Look there are some people out there that say all feminists are man haters because they are ugly which is just not true.:D

When two brothers fall out because the stupider brother imports violence.
    Denmark Introduces Checks On Swedish Border To Combat Terrorism

The announcement is surprising given the extremely close relationship of the two Scandinavian countries.

The move from the Danish government is in response to several incidents in Copenhagen this summer. Denmark’s Minister for Justice Nick Hækkerup said the temporary checks are to counter cross-border crime and terrorism.

Among other crimes, Danish Police blame the explosion at the Danish Tax Agency in Copenhagen and the double murder in Herlev on criminals who had crossed the border from Sweden.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2019/10/14/denmark-introduces-checks-on-swedish-border-to-combat-terrorism-travel-delays-expected/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Don't be silly Biko all record of these warnings will be totally nuked under some hate speech law long before that.

Sure boards.ie nuked the politics forum because the insane libs lost the argument on uncontrolled open boarders.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Don't be silly Biko all record of these warnings will be totally nuked under some hate speech law long before that.

Sure boards.ie nuked the politics forum because the insane libs lost the argument on uncontrolled open boarders.

Can you cite a single post that has called for this?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/bomb-attacks-are-now-a-normal-part-of-swedish-life/
    Bomb attacks are now a normal part of Swedish life
    Gang violence is now at a level where it threatens to undermine the Swedish state

The police bomb squad was already on its way to the first explosion in the district of Vaxholm when it had to turn around and prioritise the detonation at a residential building in the more densely populated city centre. Residents whose doors had been deformed by the shock wave had to be rescued.
    The third target (seemingly unrelated) was a facility belonging to a Syriac Orthodox church, which had already been bombed twice in the past year.

Explosions have become so normalised in Sweden that SVT, Sweden’s equivalent of the BBC, did not even mention the three explosions in the country’s capital on its national news programme that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Biko, IIRC your username references Steve Biko, the anti-apartheid activist. Or am I totally wrong on this.

If so, it would be interesting to hear what your adversaries here make of this. The muh racism brigade would have a hard time contextualising this.

In fairness, what Biko posts isn't untrue from what I can make out and there is a ****-ton of suppression of such stats by countries like Germany and Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Import mass groups of people wirh views hostile to your own, hostile to society or a shared society, hostile to the rule of law responsibility, work etc.

This is what you get.

It's only starting in Sweden.

Biko, IIRC your username references Steve Biko, the anti-apartheid activist. Or am I totally wrong on this.
    You are correct, Steve Biko is a hero of mine.

Six radical Muslim leaders were designated serious risks, by security police, to Sweden's national security and were taken into custody to be ejected from Sweden.

CAGE of course jumped in on the accused's side
    https://www.cage.ngo/cage-calls-for-solidarity-with-swedish-muslims-as-police-arrest-four-imams-during-ramadan

The problem with deporting these people is that it is claimed they may face problem in their home countries, and therefore cannot be ejected from Sweden.
    But at the same time Swedish law doesn't allow them to be further detained.

So they are simply set free again to continue making more ISIS warriors.

One of them, Abo Raad, has inspired many Islamic State sympathisers, has hailed an IS victory in Iraq, and has called for homosexual men to be executed.

But that's fine, set him free again

Swedish impotent Social Democrat/Liberal/Green party government:
    this-is-fine-dog-meme-existence-is-pain.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Danzy wrote: »
    Import mass groups of people wirh views hostile to your own, hostile to society or a shared society, hostile to the rule of law responsibility, work etc.

This is what you get.

It's only starting in Sweden.

For a moment I thought I was reading about Irish unification

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm calling BS, nobody has ever won an argument on the politics forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm calling BS, nobody has ever won an argument on the politics forum.

It's happened, you're just not here long enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Let's not knock Sweden. They gave us the Swedish Chef in the Muppets along with many minutes of laughter as he chased the chicken around the kitchen :D

Great guys those Swedes.

The 2017 terrorist Akilov who killed several people with a truck is native of Uzbekistan, and who had been on authorities’ radar previously.

Another 46-year-old Uzbek man living in Sweden was found guilty of plotting a terror attack in Stockholm and sentenced to seven years in prison.
    On appeal this guy was set free by a higher court.

314@60.jpg
    David Idrisson, a 46-year-old from Uzbekistan, was in March sentenced to seven years in prison by the Solna District Court, after the court ruled that he had purchased 560 kilos of calcium hypochlorite, 100 kilos of potassium hydroxide, and 50 litres of sulphuric acid with the aim of making a bomb.

But the Svea Court of Appeal on Wednesday morning reversed the judgement.

"He had those chemicals. That's one thing," Ragnar Palmkvist, the judge in the case, told The Local. "But we also have to conclude that he had made the decision to commit that crime, and that we couldn't conclude."

After the man received the ruling, rather than being released he was taken into custody by Sweden's security services under the Law on Special Control of Foreigners
    So back in custody.
    He was prepared for deportation by the security service and the immigration office, but as it is calimed he could be harmed back home he cannot be deprted now.

So he is set free once again...

TF was he doing in Sweden in the first place? There is no particular war in Uzbekistan

So, 6 radical Muslim leaders and at least one person preparing to blow Swedes up, all set free.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's happened, you're just not here long enough :pac:

I've been on Boards in one form or another since it was a Quake forum. I can't get my head around the idea that someone could actually win an argument online. :D

Sweden is becoming explosive news
    Note they are called explosions when bombings would be more accurate.

Sweden's 100 explosions this year: What's going on?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-50339977

• Registered Users Posts: 18,470 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Remember when people were upset at Trump for mentioning crime in Sweden :pac:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1194342475470475264

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread title changed

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sweden is becoming explosive news
    Note they are called explosions when bombings would be more accurate.

Sweden's 100 explosions this year: What's going on?
    https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-50339977

Engaging in an extreme free market policy on migration, calling it solidarity and hoping it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Beasty wrote: »
    Thread title changed

:pac:

(((OCD recedes)))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,338 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I find this Thread very sad. It seems most of these rumours are true that you gear about.

I mean Sweden of all places. If they cant get it right what hope for rest.

Advertisement